Somebody used my beat. Video got 1.4 Million Views

TBProductions

Ok heres the thing i made a beat shipped it off to a few emails. couple months later i see a video up and it has 1.4 million views with my beat. Dude gave me no credit but my tag is clear as day in the beginning. If i would have known what i know now about the money you can make off youtube and monetization i would have took action a long time ago but not sure how i would make money off the video. Any advice? looks like its not climbing as much anymore but like i said its at 1.4 million views. My name is TommyBoyBeats... If you'd like to look at the vid heres the link and u can hear my tag in the beginning Hoodrich Pablo Juan f/ Drugrixhpeso - Where I Come From (Official Video) @AZaeProduction x @JerryPHD - YouTube

Maybe they considered leaving your tag in as "giving you credit." You have options, but none that are likely to turn into cash. So you have to decide if you want to "teach them a lesson" re: copyright, or if you want to make the most of the 1.4 million views and use it as a resume builder (if the 1.4 million are legitimate views).

GJ

The most realistic scenario is that you hit them up and get them to give you credit and a link to your work (either soundcloud, facebook, whatever you think is best) in the track description... If you play it right you might be able to sell a couple beats off of the buzz from the video but you're right, it's probably too late to make any real money.

I see that channel alone makes around 10k-15k a month from monetizing. Sad that they act so low.
Now video have 1.5m views and have made around 1.5k dollars from that single video alone. And prolly more from just song sells.

I would tell them. Please put on credits in title and link in description, or I will take the video down.
Like, You will loose nothing if they do not want to credit You or pay some amount, You report video, saying they used Your content without permission or credits, an as real owner of the instrumental You want that video to be taken down and give the link to original beat and say You have all the proof and project files for it.

If they did not beat You, You can register the instrumental on CDBaby or TuneCore, to monetize that video.

Worth a shoot. Cheers.

^^^^This. If you decide to pursue "teaching them a lesson." It is possible that if they haven't already registered it, that you might actually syphon off some cash, I suppose. Why not give it a shot.

GJ

yeah i recently learned that e-mailing a beat to anyone is 'submitting' it over to them. they can do whatever they want with it, use it or re-make it or anything. they have no legal obligations if you just drop it in their e-mail with no other info.

also, i was under the impression that if you are the only one with the project file/stems, and if you always provide proof of purchase to people who buy beats, then you would be protected. but i've never seen that put to action or know what the result would be. maybe someone here knows about that.

i'd try to get credited in the description to bring people over to your pages and sell more if i were you.

I see that channel alone makes around 10k-15k a month from monetizing. Sad that they act so low.
Now video have 1.5m views and have made around 1.5k dollars from that single video alone. And prolly more from just song sells.

I would tell them. Please put on credits in title and link in description, or I will take the video down.
Like, You will loose nothing if they do not want to credit You or pay some amount, You report video, saying they used Your content without permission or credits, an as real owner of the instrumental You want that video to be taken down and give the link to original beat and say You have all the proof and project files for it.

If they did not beat You, You can register the instrumental on CDBaby or TuneCore, to monetize that video.

Worth a shoot. Cheers.

I don't know if you are from the same country / state as them. If so, I'd hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit to earn damages + lost profit. Before I'd ask them to pay me money from selling songs and monetizing, without trial. If they won't, then I'd go after my money.
If you won't, you let them rob you in the daylight.

Back