Social Networks - Good or Bad?

henkhakkebar

Superproducer
Would using Social Networks, facebook and twitter, be a good way of promoting as an artist?

I have disliked them for using as just a person, I don't get the "social" thing of it, but as an artist, would it make sense to use them, possibly next a website and label.

What are you guys' experiences?

Undoubtedly, yes. Today's audience uses social networks like crazy. It is what it is. But I'd say you should have at least a basic online presence.

Last edited by a moderator:
of course you. if you want to get your name out there you have to promote... whos gonna hear your stuff when your not putting it out there for people?

Would using Social Networks, facebook and twitter, be a good way of promoting as an artist?

I have disliked them for using as just a person, I don't get the "social" thing of it, but as an artist, would it make sense to use them, possibly next a website and label.

What are you guys' experiences?

How can you miss the whole "social thing" when the concept is so basic? Talk to people and they'll talk back, most of the time. Social networks are an absolute necessity for people who want to be in the music industry on a professional level. I laugh at people who try selling music without one, even if they have a website.

It's difficult to express all of the benefits that come with using social media. The basic idea is to generate a buzz by using your promo team, or diy promotion. The reason that most people promote using social media is to funnel people to a website where information is available, resources can be found, friends can be made, and products are sold.

If you have really good music that people enjoy Social Media is an awesome tool. If you are mediocre at best... Social Media can be a huge waste of time. Alot of people spend way too much time using social media w/o defining their objectives or having a product or skill that people desire. I could rant for hours on social media (its a complex subject), since my entire business was built using these tools... but yes, alot of it is hype and unnecessary for about 80% of people out there.

One of my favorite DIY Marketing Blogs (check the links too) is Audible Hype. Check Justin out: Articles // Audible Hype

I would also suggest getting off of FP and researching the subject outside of the site. Google that shit!

You can also read some interviews on my blogs with career producers & beat makers, almost none of my interviewees ever mentions "social media" as an indicator of success or reason they have succeeded in the industry. Check those out here:
Alkota Beats | Category Archive | Interviews

thanks for all reply's!

will study on it a bit.

I used to be on social network stuff, but it took way too much of my time, and i saw people that, every 10 minutes would check their twitter and facebook, and do less thing together in the "real" world. that's why i didn't like using it as a "person" to have contact with friends, but as an artist/label/business it would make sense using it.

thanks

and btw alkota ur music is fire, make more beatmaking vids!

Any business that is non using social media is way behind the curve and leaving a lot of money on the table. Yes, it is time consuming but the rewards are great. Also, you can use automatic twitter software to post tweets or even pay someone to stay in touch with your followers for you.

Tell 'em HIMbeats...
The social market is booming right now. Social media is effecting the job market in virtually every category. Failure to be social will ultimately starve you and your business. The process doesn't need to be time consuming, all you need is an 1 hr to update and respond to messages and post withing your network. It works the exact same as real world social communication, only expanded.

If you have really good music that people enjoy Social Media is an awesome tool. If you are mediocre at best... Social Media can be a huge waste of time. Alot of people spend way too much time using social media w/o defining their objectives or having a product or skill that people desire. I could rant for hours on social media (its a complex subject), since my entire business was built using these tools... but yes, alot of it is hype and unnecessary for about 80% of people out there.

One of my favorite DIY Marketing Blogs (check the links too) is Audible Hype. Check Justin out: Articles // Audible Hype

I would also suggest getting off of FP and researching the subject outside of the site. Google that shit!

You can also read some interviews on my blogs with career producers & beat makers, almost none of my interviewees ever mentions "social media" as an indicator of success or reason they have succeeded in the industry. Check those out here:
Alkota Beats | Category Archive | Interviews

I couldn't say it better than JC and Alkota did.
have objectives when uses it
research
have a social media networks to build relationships are very important

if you need some help hit me up no cost to you,only a chance to build a relationship that will build success

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Any business that is non using social media is way behind the curve and leaving a lot of money on the table. Yes, it is time consuming but the rewards are great. Also, you can use automatic twitter software to post tweets or even pay someone to stay in touch with your followers for you.

this is the truth that's why I can't wait to get back on my social media campaign in a week from now..
moving to a better home is always good but sucks at the same time I will lose my internet connections for three days...darn Cox Cable lol....

Last edited:
Social media is necessary in this world - even YouTube is turning into a social media site that bases its rankings on comments, likes, subscribers, etc.

You can "trick" your way up the rankings - GetMoreViews.net

Back