Social Networking & Website Ownership

ProducerJC

IndieHost
The world of music and business has taken a dramatic turn and, rather we like it or not, the internet has changed the way we interact and communicate. The chances are, if you're reading this post, you have a social profile on twitter, facebook, google+, youtube, etc.

Music & Social Media

For the most part, producers and artists use social media to interact with listeners. Their goals include growing their audience worldwide and maintaining their identity. Regardless of your level of social media experience, it's important to have goals for using it. Otherwise, your online profiles will become nothing more than wasted virtual space.

Yesterday, I was checking in on CP's Battle 4 Exposure post hear a few of the latest entries and noticed the facebook comment area at the bottom of the thread. I'm not sure if it's a new feature or something I've been overlooking; regardless, I'll be using the feature much more often when I visit and comment. Especially because it allows me to make a quick update to my facebook profile, which also brings CrazyPellas more potential members.

Facebook comments is the kind of plugin that helps manage time and a great way to help producers to stay active. In case you weren't already aware, we gain followers when we're consistent with our online updates. Now, someone may be thinking, " Man, that's too much work..." If you think of this as work, exit out of this post and find some others post to fulfill your never ending appetite for sloth. Participating in online conversations, making social media updates and interacting with others online should be fun for you.

On the other hand, I understand the difficulty associated with managing mulitple social platforms. Major social networking communities have their own guidelines for online acceptance and managing your different communities can be a chore when you don't have the right tools. This is why we use social media tools, like Hootsuite, to help us update our online communities from one location. There's absolutely no way I'm going to log in and out of every network I use. It's better for to use one application from one virtual location.

If you're a producer who's serious about growing their number of listeners, social media is a great way to easily reach those who were previously out of reach without it. Get with the program; or, get left behind.

Last edited:
That's awesome!

Anyone who owns a website should be implementing plugins similar to facebook comments. A while back, I was looking into adding facebook comments to my blog. The plugin wouldn't allow me to post as Producer JC at the time, now it does. The goal was to gain feedback from readers in order to increase the quality of content offered on my site. For the most part, musicians steer away from business; mostly because they don't understand how it works. Some say ignorance is bliss. That's not true in music business. As a matter of fact, ignorance can kill any chances a producers has of making a career for themselves. That's why I contribute as much business related information as possible, in the Music Blogs.

Back