So I just had a meeting with an executive from Twitter...

j.troup

And some of what we were talking about was how Twitter is used in the music world, specifically in Hip Hop and R&B...

Did you guys know about these???

https://support.twitter.com/articles/282154-promoted-accounts

Advertiser Analytics · Twitter for Business

Did you know they are available to ANYONE? Why aren't artists and producers using this tool (and tools like this) to sell their music?

These are some powerful ways to actually quantify what your twitter reach, and see what's working and what isn't as far as engaging your audience.

Thoughts?

And some of what we were talking about was how Twitter is used in the music world, specifically in Hip Hop and R&B...

Did you know they are available to ANYONE? Why aren't artists and producers using this tool (and tools like this) to sell their music?

These are some powerful ways to actually quantify what your twitter reach, and see what's working and what isn't as far as engaging your audience.

Thoughts?

thank you definitely going to try it, you could be in the suggestion for big hip-hop stars and they might notice you

If you want to hide something from the public. . .PUT IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I don't sell my beats online yet because I don't feel like I'm quite there yet to smash niggas over the head, but I see all of the free resources to promote yourself and I listen to some of the talent on FP and wonder, "WHY ISN'T THIS GUY ON?" lol. It's cool though. . .people will still make excuses even with a resource like this. I see this thread turning into an arguement about how people on sound click selling trap beats make for than the mainstream producers for some reason. lol

Oh...don't get me wrong now...it isn't free!

It's like Google Ads. Dude said it was a bidding engine. But you can set a limit on how much you want to spend on it.

But this is something that is huge for indie artists. Your twitter page would be promoted to the RIGHT potential followers.

This guy said something like 1 tweet from a "promoted" account, could turn into 5000 retweets, and that reaches an audience of like 30,000 people.

He also said that something like 30% of all tweets get seen by actual eyes...as oposed to 6-7% of all facebook posts.

This shit is powerful. And the analytics behind it, so that you can actually make sense of who you're reaching, when, and what it means is INVALUABLE.

I'm all over this for my consulting clients.

I mean, I have YET to see ANY artist with a promoted account...i mean ANY ARTIST!

First again. :)

I've seen lots of products being promoted on twitter. This is great for someone like me but is there a qualifying process and if so what qualifies someone?

I've seen lots of products being promoted on twitter. This is great for someone like me but is there a qualifying process and if so what qualifies someone?

As with most advertising all you need to qualify is $$$.

I've been researching twitter for an hour and have found so many tools. Creating a list is a cool feature to cross promote, if someone was on your website an clicked your twitter, and signed up for a new acct the user would automatically follow everyone or business you have in your list. Also I wonder if the cost of twitter promoting is around the same as what google pay for viewers clicking ads on your page. If so it could pay for it self. Lastly if you hate when ppl you follow spam your TL you can put them in a list. Then you can just read the list without following them to keep your TL available for your followers. I use it for A&Rs.

To be honest I'm not on my social marketing game. But this info will come in handy once I do.

One thing I find is that FB & twitter are time suckers. As is FP lol :D

Precious free time I need to make music

Thoughts?

Yep I've known for a while... Some people use it some don't everything that people use in the affiliate marketing world is becoming a big "wow" for some reason when applied to marketing music. There are a lot of tools,services and applications out there that make marketing very simple but people over look them

Last edited:
SOooo How much does it cost??? Im unable to research at the moment. I always see those links at the bottom saying here are people you should follow and everything.

Back