So how exactly do I build a fanbase?

iamSLICEDBREAD

Certified Awesome
I was on SC for about 6 months making a little money but nothing great and then I stopped because I felt that it wasn't worth the time. I decided to give it another shot this month so I brought out a new page and am slowly putting beats back up but the problem is that I honestly have very little of an idea on how to promote correctly and build a nice fanbase of customers.

I was on SC for about 6 months making a little money but nothing great and then I stopped because I felt that it wasn't worth the time. I decided to give it another shot this month so I brought out a new page and am slowly putting beats back up but the problem is that I honestly have very little of an idea on how to promote correctly and build a nice fanbase of customers.

What exactly did you try to do and it did not work? Different product's need different approaches.

Where is this new page setup?

Do you keep contact with identifiable customer's?

How much do you have to spend?

Fanbase's are the product's of loyal customer's. You may need to refine your product and niche it towards a certain group. That will make it easier to place.

Last edited:

Fans and customers are different in terms of business. Fans are people who like you and your music; therefore, they support your efforts morally and/or financially. Customers are people who come to you for the express purpose of buying your products or services. When it comes to music business, customers usually start out as fans. Increasing your fan base is something you'll be focusing on throughout your entire career and should be your number one priority.

Here's the deal.

Soundclick, Rocbattle, Soundcloud and other similar platforms are great for marketing your music because they act as social networks for music producers to meet fans. Artist go to these places when looking for beats and other forms of music. However, competition is high on these on sites and chart position is the key to extreme success. This can be bad for you if you're don't placed high enough on their music charts. It could also be the reason your previous efforts didn't yield the results you desire.

You've already invested into a Soundclick VIP account, but I wish you would've posted this thread before doing so because I would've told you to get a website instead. The cost is less and the marketing benefits are higher. With a website, you have access to the tools needed for gauging your online marketing efforts. Also, competition is significantly lower when people go to an official website because there's no music charts for you to rank on. And, your marketing possibilities are limitless because you'll be able to take advantage of SEO options, which Soundclick simply can't offer you. The list goes on and on...

You may want to consider using your Soundclick VIP account as your online store and creating a website to interact with the fans you're able to gather. I've been building businesses from the ground up for a long time now, so this advice comes from experience. Feel free to contact me directly for a more insight regarding this topic, I'm sure you'll need a customized plan targeted at the right people. I'm not trying to sell you anything, I just want help you achieve the success you seek. After all, the industry needs producers who are capable of handling their own business.

Consultation is free so hit me up whenever, or PM if you're outside the USA.

Back