Should I use ASCAP or BMI? or something different??

Yeah tone i see you here a lot haha.

But yo Cyko, i just got this idea. Along with whatever i said in my last post, I had one more ? ... I remember way back when I decided to do this I got an EIN. Does that mean...I can get the best of both worlds? :D

Yes, because the EIN makes your company it's own entity. It's basically your companies SS #.

Yes, because the EIN makes your company it's own entity. It's basically your companies SS #.

exactly that's what my blog article was getting at making your company it's own entity (legally)
step #4. Start doing business using your business name(s)

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Awesome! I already have my ein on hand!!! Dude youre awesome haha thanks for putting me on to that

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

you learn something new every day if you try

Awesome! I already have my ein on hand!!! Dude youre awesome haha thanks for putting me on to that

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

you learn something new every day if you try

did you get a chance to glance on my blog article I think it's right up your alley in the direction you're going by your post wanting FP to be more valuable and professional information/experience threads/post

did you get a chance to glance on my blog article I think it's right up your alley in the direction you're going by your post wanting FP to be more valuable and professional information/experience threads/post

Yeah I looked at it, I already have an EIN and know how to form LLC when that time comes, plus have a basic understanding on how taxes work. Your site looks a lot better than it did, but its still a tad un-friendly. I kinda was like wtf what the hell am I looking at when I first went on there. And man ive said it before, but I really dont think youre in a position to be a consultant. Im not trying to diss you, im just being honest. I really dont trust a lot of your advice. A lot of it is really good stuff, especially to a beginner, but a lot just comes off as copy and paste. You might give someone wrong advice someday man.

Im not saying dont share what you learn. I always try to share what i know, just like I did in this thread and as you see some of my info was wrong. The difference is though I dont go around trying to look like an expert. You have to have credentials to do that

Yeah I looked at it, I already have an EIN and know how to form LLC when that time comes, plus have a basic understanding on how taxes work. Your site looks a lot better than it did, but its still a tad un-friendly. I kinda was like wtf what the hell am I looking at when I first went on there. And man ive said it before, but I really dont think youre in a position to be a consultant. Im not trying to diss you, im just being honest. I really dont trust a lot of your advice. A lot of it is really good stuff, especially to a beginner, but a lot just comes off as copy and paste. You might give someone wrong advice someday man.

Im not saying dont share what you learn. I always try to share what i know, just like I did in this thread and as you see some of my info was wrong. The difference is though I dont go around trying to look like an expert. You have to have credentials to do that

just register with your state with a dba period you don't need to incorporate yet.
I haven't give anyone bad information or advice and I always research before I consult with clients and all have attained their goals if they work the plan I set forth.
I'm a professional with professional services and my growing list of returning clients show this.

just register with your state with a dba period you don't need to incorporate yet.
I haven't give anyone bad information or advice and I always research before I consult with clients and all have attained their goals if they work the plan I set forth.
I'm a professional with professional services and my growing list of returning clients show this.

Like I said im not trying to diss but doing google searches before you answer isnt expert research. A consultant offers advice from personal experience and extensive knowledge, not google searches. You can do what you wanna do i respect your grind im just saying. I know im not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited:
Like I said im not trying to diss but doing google searches before you answer isnt expert research. A consultant offers advice from personal experience and extensive knowledge, not google searches. You can do what you wanna do i respect your grind im just saying. I know im not the only one who feels this way.

well ppl feel this artist is hot and this artist is wack but there are in the game making the money and out of the bedroom making moves. If I'm not in the office I'm working with local clients from my own personal experiences and knowledge.

well ppl feel this artist is hot and this artist is wack but there are in the game making the money and out of the bedroom making moves. If I'm not in the office I'm working with local clients from my own personal experiences and knowledge.

Lol tryna sneak diss and call me a bedroom producer i see you. All im saying is you constantly post run-ons, blocks of what appears to be copy and paste text, mix up words so that I have to read your sentences a few times and type in some weird block format with that ugly block of sig outside your real sig underneath. Like I said man im not hating im trying to tell you how to improve.

As an up and coming producer/beatmaker/whatever you wanna call it, if i was in the market to get "consulting" i definitely wouldnt go to you. And im not hating, and im not dissing.

you always have opinions on who you get direction and guidance from.
I'm wasn't trying to diss you I don't know where you make you instrumentals most at home producers or online beatmakers make their instrumentals in a bedroom
I did the same thing I made a studio out of master bedroom from a two bedroom apt.
and when I told ppl I have a studio, I heard them talking mess behind my back like this dude don't have no studio then soon ppl realize he does when rappers from the job started to mess with me this was 2001-2002 and then this same haters wanted to come over and record for me the mix their tracks.

Information is a powerful tools and that my strength gathering information and giving guidance on how to use it.
as always you can chose not to use someone's service
and I'm not offended by your comments in any way sir because I'm confident in my services that I provide

Last edited:
thats good man i was just putting it out there. Im glad you didnt take it as me hating or just tryna knock your hustle. N yeah mf do like to talk shit about what another mans doing but dont wanna do anything themselves thats for sure

thats good man i was just putting it out there. Im glad you didnt take it as me hating or just tryna knock your hustle. N yeah mf do like to talk shit about what another mans doing but dont wanna do anything themselves thats for sure

back in 2000 I'll probably went nuts on you
my life has changed no more out selling weight and smoking all day before,during and after work

no more hate,but I still do get angry though it's a natural emotion

so yeah I never let comments derail me from my goals everyday my experience grows and so does my client list.
everyone has to start somewhere

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

what's going on with your website alxgry

Been Lookin for a thread like this for a while. Finally i understand know how to deal with PROS. Definetly gonna register my beats after i copyright them. Thanks guys i love this forum.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

One Question for yall tho... do licensing sites like taxi charge to upload your production on there? I want to look into getting into that line of work seems like a great avenue besides just leasing and selling to artists.

Been Lookin for a thread like this for a while. Finally i understand know how to deal with PROS. Definetly gonna register my beats after i copyright them. Thanks guys i love this forum.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

One Question for yall tho... do licensing sites like taxi charge to upload your production on there? I want to look into getting into that line of work seems like a great avenue besides just leasing and selling to artists.

yes taxi charges
just go to their site you can find out prices

Do you have to go through a licensing company to shop your music to gaming/television companies?

that's a quick way to do it
pumpaudio
taxi
rumblefish

you can try to contact music supervisors on your own
but make sure you have versatile catalog
taxi is great because if someone does want to license your music for film,tv,commercials,etc. that's music supervisor will actually contact you and you negotiate and you can keep their contact info and then build a working relationship
you can also contact indie movie directors try youtube or just go to film/movie forum like we have for producers they have them for ppl who want to do indie films
that's just some of the things that I'm going to have my production/song develop team will be using to gain client lists and just plain work

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.

that's a quick way to do it
pumpaudio
taxi
rumblefish

you can try to contact music supervisors on your own
but make sure you have versatile catalog
taxi is great because if someone does want to license your music for film,tv,commercials,etc. that's music supervisor will actually contact you and you negotiate and you can keep their contact info and then build a working relationship
you can also contact indie movie directors try youtube or just go to film/movie forum like we have for producers they have them for ppl who want to do indie films
that's just some of the things that I'm going to have my production/song develop team will be using to gain client lists and just plain work

would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert

Thank you for the post!

Thank you for the post!

no problem I can schedule you in for a free hour of consultation and we can discuss setup some goals for your production company

Back