Should I be a producer AND a rapper?

Isaiah Reid

Personally I'm not sure how this will work out. I want to feel connected to my customers, but at the same time I want to target market to a certain demographic. Personally I love producing but also ripping mics. Is it possible I could do both and still be successful selling beats online?

Last edited:
Why not! I think it is a good thing to know how to rap because it most likely makes your beats better, and other way around. There are many big names who know how to do both. For example Kanye and Dr.Dre.

Personally I'm not sure how this will work out. I want to feel connected to my customers, but at the same time I want to target market to a certain demographic. Personally I love producing but also ripping mics. Is it possible I could do both and still be successful selling beats online?

It would be stupid to give up one for another {Do both & excel in them}

Hey Isaiah Reid

That sounds cool!Well according to me you can excel in both fields as there is no restriction that if you are a producer you can not rap or vice versa.So I would suggest you should try out both .You could initially go for a career in producer and then you can rap .

Back