Should I Give Out Some Free Beats?

Have Been Thinking Of Ways I Could Bring In Some More Followers And Fans.
I Was Going To Make About 5-10 Beats That I would be able to give out free to rappers with 1 Tag in Front (Maybe One In The Middle Or End).

There Are ALOT Of Artist That don't have money for beats,just don't want to buy or just are listening.Anyone that does this or something simlar tell me if it brings in more people or is just a waste of time.

I would only give free beats to artists that are serious about their music

^^^this
you should focus on building relationships through social media and local music events in your city
when you build a true relationship with artists giving a few items free is fine and you should only build relationships with artists that are serious about their music
what is the point of having a followers that has no real benefit to your goals and you to their goals.

take your product/services seriously and others will too...
be selective and target your approach when giving out free products/services and make sure you can receive something back and Facebook like AND they sign up for your mailing list

I Was Going To Make About 5-10 Beats That I would be able to give out free to rappers with 1 Tag in Front (Maybe One In The Middle Or End).

There Are ALOT Of Artist That don't have money for beats,just don't want to buy or just are listening.Anyone that does this or something simlar tell me if it brings in more people or is just a waste of time.

It's your music, your business... do what you want.

Last edited:

I give out beats to Artist i feel have potential but i never give an artist a free beat cause they don't have money. If they don't have money for a beat how can they afford studio time. If they bought from me before they are more likely to get a free beat compared to a random artist claiming they are broke.

Couple years back I threw 3 beats to a young rapper I thought was really good. But if you just give a freebie to some shitty emcee, the song's gonna hit Youtube, and face it - you know the people... it will get dissed in the comments. Bad look for your name to be attached, imo.

Back