Should I buy songs from 'famous' producers even if I don't know how they sound yet?

fantasyvn

Could you pls advise?

I work for an Asian music company and we are looking for songs by American/British songwriters. I have done some negotiations, which follow this pattern: We would listen to the demos. If we like the songs, then we will negotiate the price.

However, now I meet a producer who is rather well-known in America. He said he is confident what he gives us can be hits in our countries. He said he can write the songs from scratch, so we cannot hear the songs yet. When I said I could wait to listen to his demos, he said No. He said I could only hear his songs if I agree to pay first.

Is this normal practice?

Thank you

Could you pls advise?

I work for an Asian music company and we are looking for songs by American/British songwriters. I have done some negotiations, which follow this pattern: We would listen to the demos. If we like the songs, then we will negotiate the price.

However, now I meet a producer who is rather well-known in America. He said he is confident what he gives us can be hits in our countries. He said he can write the songs from scratch, so we cannot hear the songs yet. When I said I could wait to listen to his demos, he said No. He said I could only hear his songs if I agree to pay first.

Is this normal practice?

Thank you

No it typically isn't. 99% of people who say their work are "hits" is full of shit.

Could you pls advise?

Is this normal practice?

Thank you

no ask for the demo.. if not, keep it movin.. that's like buying food without having the opportunity to see it first

No, this is just wrong. You gotta ask at least for a bit or a demo or something. The artist might be "good", that doesnt mean the thing you buy will be good too....You have the right to know what you are buying.

It sounds like he's trying to scam you to be truthful. Most will let you listen to something. Move on to the next one.

Yeah, as everybody here said, ask for a demo or preview. It could easily be a scam and you need to stay away from it!

Back