shopping tracks overseas

Inspirmentalist

Inspirmentalist
what up fp,

this topic always intrigued me. i know there are fans of hip-hop overseas in places like japan, london, paris, etc. do you feel as an independent artist or a producer that's just coming up that you would find more success overseas in those countries? i feel that mainstream rap in general is still flooding the airwaves with music with no true sound or concept. i was in a producer showcase years back and one of the judges recommended that i shopped my work overseas. i haven't had a chance to work with any artists overseas as of yet but i feel that i would find more success over there then here. anybody have that same mind state as well?

what up fp,

this topic always intrigued me. i know there are fans of hip-hop overseas in places like japan, london, paris, etc. do you feel as an independent artist or a producer that's just coming up that you would find more success overseas in those countries? i feel that mainstream rap in general is still flooding the airwaves with music with no true sound or concept. i was in a producer showcase years back and one of the judges recommended that i shopped my work overseas. i haven't had a chance to work with any artists overseas as of yet but i feel that i would find more success over there then here. anybody have that same mind state as well?

It doesn't matter where you shop your tracks. A market is a market simple as that whether it's oversees the United States under your mom's bed it doesn't matter

I do a lot of work oversees...in Taiwan and South Korea. It's all about the network, more than the market. New markets can be made if you're dope and the right person finds you. Personally it started with someone finding me on YouTube, then after 3 trips out of pocket to SK, I was in the profit margin. Taiwan was easy from there because a DJ I met goes back and forth. I met a lot of people through her. Fortunately I studied enough mandarin and Korean to survive. That's important to increasingly impress clients in your target country and doing better business, unless you trust someone 100% to handle it you. In South Korea, trap is common now. In fact, they are past trap....it's about EDM songs that transition into TrapStep and back. Taiwan is still slow on the influence, but I'm watching it happen at the popular clubs in Taipei.

Last edited:
Back