sending out beats to major artist through email

Dennis1990

I know some artists have links to emails where to send beats to but I was wondering should I put tag across the beat before sending it??

What would happen if an artist heard my beats I sent through email and I didn't put tags over the beat and I heard him on them???

"hypotetially" and he didn't acknowledge me as the producer or got no money for it what procedures would have to be taken??

You can but most A&Rs hate beats with a bunch of tags on them and don't hand them to the artist. The usual rule of thumb is one tag on the intro. Anything more than 2 tags is usually binned.

Even if you put tags on your beat, artists can still use the beat and even remove the tags with some editing...

The rest of it is up to you and whether you want to let it slide or take legal action. The latter will probably be pointless unless someone like Jay Z nicked your beat... Which is very far fetched.

You can find the answer to the latter question by using the search button of this forum or even searching Google. Little point of me repeating something which has been talked about elsewhere in detail, multiple times. Search engines are your friend. Utilise them!

Back