Selling yourself short

S

Spektor

As a producer "HOW DO YOU SELL YOURSELF"?

I have noticed during my new employment in sales that they place emphasis on "SELLING YOURSELF" rather than the product........

SO how through a computer screen ius a producer able to sell himself?

Im talking about upcoming not already established........

please drop ur knowledge and expiriences

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

I guess you guys arent smart enough to answer this question

Lol the whole idea of selling yourself behind a computer screen is probably pretty hard. Going out and meeting people, networking, is more of they key in the music industry if youre taking that route.

your sell yourself using the online tools and then connecting with ppl in personal emails and phone calls..networking is key and being part of online forums/communities etc. help,facebook,twitter,linkedin all tools you can use to sell yourself along with your own website

Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

Aside from what others have said, here are a few others that will take you far in any field.

- Following through whenever you say you are gonna do something
- being on time and delivering on time
- communicating effectively
- being proficient at what you do

I've been trying to 'sell' myself as it's been put for a while. I think people find it hard to trust you just working from the internet. I don't think that anyone should sell themselves short, or work for free. I believe that you should be paid for any form of work you do, a lot of people don't seem to think as producing, mixing tracks as a proper job.. at least some of the people I've came across.

Aside from what others have said, here are a few others that will take you far in any field.

- Following through whenever you say you are gonna do something
- being on time and delivering on time
- communicating effectively
- being proficient at what you do

all things I teach my clients
good,good,good stuff

all things I teach my clients
good,good,good stuff

Good on you. This old cat i once worked with when i first entered the workforce told me the keys to success are "showing up(on time and being reliable), be easy to get along with and be good at what you do" .... as simple as that sounds, I swear it has followed me this far and it has worked. At the minimum, these three will atleast get you in the door.

Networking. Focus on putting out good music and building relationships. Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants.

Back