Is selling beats/tracks online good business?

TOBZ

I'm hearing about all theses websites where you can sell your beats/tracks online, and how you can make decent money off it.
Is this true? If so, what are some of the best sites that you use or recommend?
Many thanks.

the online beat store market is flooded but with the right amount of offline networking,online network,and running a effective social media campaign can be the difference from making $20 a month to $200 a month
it's the value that artists attach to instrumentals now...very few are serious and willing to pay others ..just want free.
What are you using now for your online beat store?
Did you have a site?? to place your beat store on??

here's one that I steer my clients to ...but ALWAYS research and pick one that works best for your company's needs
MyFlashStore

Last edited:
honestly, your better off networking in person with artists then selling your beats online. the beat selling game is flooded with producers who sell and lease beats for like 15 to 30 dollars. that's pitiful. if you are just starting out, you should price your beats at at least 150 to 300 dollars if you are serious about your craft. selling beats for gas money is terrible.

I'm hearing about all theses websites where you can sell your beats/tracks online, and how you can make decent money off it.
Is this true? If so, what are some of the best sites that you use or recommend?
Many thanks.

Is it a good business. Yes of course it is, but you must find a market first. It doesn't matter what site you use. Your own, or someone elses. Without a market for your sound, there's no $ in the end

Love the gas money line. Yeah I feel ya, there are a lot of really talented forum producers that are way better than 60% of the commercial instrumental crap out there. It's all about promotion to a degree and a knowledge of how to use studio gear so you can produce in house with the big boys who are shelling out thousands for studio time. If they're shelling out for studio time they will pay you handsomely for your time..

Back