Selling Beats and Rapper selling songs? PLEASE READ NEED HELP ASAP

Thesickkidchris

Hey everyone, I'm new to selling beats. Basically a rapper wants to make songs over beats from my beat tape, he doesn't care if other people use the beats, he just wants to sell his songs on my beats, how much should I ask for, he wants to use like 5 of them.

It depends what you're comfortable with. When you sell multiple people the same beat, that's called leasing. Typically online they go anywhere from $1-30, you can go for $100 but that may scare him away. It just depends what you're comfortable with.

I'll throw out a number for the hell of it, try $14.99.

Last edited:
It depends what you're comfortable with. When you sell multiple people the same beat, that's called leasing. Typically online they go anywhere from $1-30, you can go for $100 but that may scare him away. It just depends what you're comfortable with.

I'll throw out a number for the hell of it, try $14.99.
What if he makes money, would I make a percent of it? He doesn't really understand the whole buying stuff scene and said he would buy five while making money off for 300. I don't want to tae advantage and scam him, but he was willing to drop mad cash for no reason.

What if he makes money, would I make a percent of it? He doesn't really understand the whole buying stuff scene and said he would buy five while making money off for 300. I don't want to tae advantage and scam him, but he was willing to drop mad cash for no reason.

Ahh well you should of said so! Definitely take the 300 and add a 6-10% royalty from what he makes if you want. You aren't scamming him, he's showing that he's taking this seriously.

Whatever terms and amount you do agree on, make sure to get it down in writing (a leasing contract).

handle business before you hand over the track-outs or 2-track I don't know what version you are agreeing to sell him.

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Back