Selling beats to famous artists

Maduse

SWAG
Should i be selling my beats to famous artists or giving them away for free?

the reason i ask is because a couple of kinda famous artists wanted my beats when i sent them my soundcloud page, but i only put my best/favorite beats on there. As soon as money came up i never heard from them again. Should i give away my best beats away for free?

maybe free a couple of times just make sure your copyright your beat for legal reasons if the songs become hot single you have a way to get paid

"kinda famous artists" should have money to buy beats.
To hell with giving them your hard work for free so they can go get money.

Mixtapes require free beats and thats about it. This is how it works. You give them a beat CD, they pick a few to rap over, then they put most of them onto mixtapes and if youre lucky they save 1 for a project.

Never give any master copies until you sign a written agreement and decide on a price. I dont give up anything until I have a check in my hands.

Mixtapes require free beats and thats about it. This is how it works. You give them a beat CD, they pick a few to rap over, then they put most of them onto mixtapes and if youre lucky they save 1 for a project.

Never give any master copies until you sign a written agreement and decide on a price. I dont give up anything until I have a check in my hands.
Like Jainism said NEVER give them your masters and make sure you publish your work. The best advice I received about free beats was this "Only give out a free beat if you know it will leverage your career." If you know it will not do anything for you positively then move on because there will be millions of artists that want free beats and will bring nothing to the table. You may get lucky and find one that will bring more to the table then what you would ever expect.

Format to send beats in

If you make a beat in FL Studio and you want to send it to a major artist should you export it as an mp3 and send it or how wud u prepare a beat to send??

Session files are the track outs right? And also,
By publish you meant copyright correct?

Last edited:
Back