selling beat on beatstars

syfer1324

i kinda have 2 questions about beatstars

1 is how much should i sell an exclusive for as someone whos just been learning on and off because i mostly only learn when i have a laptop to use but ive been doing it a lot i just got an offer on a beat $30 for an exclusive everyone says its low but ive never really sold anything before and it was just kind of a beat that i made in the learning process not so much something professionally done

the laptop i made it on was so cheap i couldnt even run 2 vsts together so it was a lot of copy and paste and not really knowing what it would sound like plus i couldn't use any of the mixer studio effect stuff so it wasn't even mastered or anything just layed out some patterns just 2 nexus sounds and some pretty hard drums heres the song:

tay k x 21 savage type beat by hashashin beats its not even really a serious producer page its just kinda a psuedo name i use while im just learning and practicing

2 how does it work like they just send the money through beatstars and then they get a download link from beatstars. i don't really have access to the old laptop with the file for the song on it anymore and i just uploaded an mp3 to beatstars.com its not even a wav or anything so would 30 bucks be good for it since its just an umastered mp3?

should i just tell him to include my producer credits on it if i do it so i get at least that out of it start selling and get my name out and stuff. i have a much better laptop now so i can actually completely finish songs and master them and use way better sounds and stuff. i also see a lot of people selling on beatstars and youtube that say buy 1 get 2 free beats and stuff like that so the dollar amounts pretty much work out the same when they're charging 70-100 for an exclusive and those are ones that get lots of likes and promotions and stuff

Last edited:
prices for leases should be under 30$ if ur starting out and if ur trying to make sales, and sell wavs and mp3s when u get sum placements u can sell exclusives ucan charge from 100-1000 depends on alot factors but get a good price point and stick wit it ,and be consistant with posting ur beats,it aint gona be easy u best believe me.

Last edited:
Back