Sell Rap Beats - Rights - Leases - Vocal Tags

sdbeatz

Hi,
I am really new to sell beats. I usually put them on youtube (without vocal tags), and upload them on Tinypay. I still have not got any buys. I wrote that the lease prices are $10... I do not really understand these rights...I don't know how they work. When i upload them on Tinypay, I only upload only the mp3/wav, and write the lease rights in the description(10,000copies, not the full owner ect...). Is it a good way, or how can I do it better? Is it only working if they are copyrighted?
I ask it because I know that many people downloaded them from youtube... if I put vocal tags on them, will I get any buys?

Thanks in advance!

David Szalai

Tags are a must my friend that keeps freeloaders away and if they record with it anyway you are promoting yourself with it

Yes, beats with tags are for people who want to "try them out." Then, if they like how it sounds, they'll (hopefully) get a lease from you of the untagged, higher-quality version. There are still plenty of cheap-ass mofo's out there though, that will just use your tagged beat. I always laugh when people bring tagged beatz into my studio. They'll pay me $50/hr. to produce them, but won't way $19.99 for their music track. WTF?!

Yes, beats with tags are for people who want to "try them out." Then, if they like how it sounds, they'll (hopefully) get a lease from you of the untagged, higher-quality version. There are still plenty of cheap-ass mofo's out there though, that will just use your tagged beat. I always laugh when people bring tagged beatz into my studio. They'll pay me $50/hr. to produce them, but won't way $19.99 for their music track. WTF?!
man that is crazy but i believe you.
do they do it with all beats or just rap beats

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

copyright your beats.
make snipets and tags them.
then if you havent already put them on rocbattle.
to me that is the true test if your beats are marketable.

Mostly rap, and not too many artists. But still, WTF? That's disrespecting yourself artistically...not that the artists I'm thinking of have a crazy amount of talent :shame:

Some believe tagging your beats can lead to additional exposure while others think it detours sales.

Some believe no tags make it easier for the artist to write to your music thus leading to more sales, while others think it just leads to your stuff getting jacked.

I'm kind of in the middle myself.

I believe both to be true.

Back