Sampled Beat in Video

DeltaBeatz

Hey guys,

A while ago I sampled Adele's 'Hometown Glory' and now the band which made a song of that wants to release a Video but they are worried about legal problems because of the sampling. So I was wondering if there could be any consequences for them and me as a producer. I hope someone here can tell me more about possible problems and if we should be worried.

Here is the beat:
Hometown Glory Hip Hop Beat ( Adele sampled ) - YouTube

Thanks for any responses.

Delta.

Hey guys,

A while ago I sampled Adele's 'Hometown Glory' and now the band which made a song of that wants to release a Video but they are worried about legal problems because of the sampling. So I was wondering if there could be any consequences for them and me as a producer. I hope someone here can tell me more about possible problems and if we should be worried.

Here is the beat:
Hometown Glory Hip Hop Beat ( Adele sampled ) - YouTube

Thanks for any responses.

Delta.

Yes, this is called copyright infringement or stealing music. YouTube will remove the video once the copyright holders learn of the release. Some people are real a*sholes and will try take you for everything they can; especially, if they need the money or publicity.

You'll need to have the sample cleared to avoid legal issues...

Hm that's not what I expected... On the internet there is usually the common opinion that as long as you don't get paid of it and don't publish it in big style you don't have to worry about such issues. Isnt that true?

Hm that's not what I expected... On the internet there is usually the common opinion that as long as you don't get paid of it and don't publish it in big style you don't have to worry about such issues. Isnt that true?

Using other peoples music in your songs without permission is copyright infringement, unless you have a license. It doesn't matter what you plan to do with it because you don't have the the right to release copies of songs you didn't great; hence the term Copyright...

You don't need to take my word for it though... Ask an entertainment lawyer and they'll tell you the same thing. Besides, this is their area of expertise. I'm simply telling you what my lawyer has told me.

if the copyright owner finds out..they can ask you to cease and decease...which mean stops promoting the song..stop selling the the song..put the song in a vaulte in another world lol..

I won't worry unless you are making money from the song..
original copyright owners want money...if you don't have any
it won't be worth the legal fees,time to get $200 from
now if you were Kanye West they would be all over you trying to get paid a lump sum and points on the album
but keep in mind it is illegal

Last edited:
Yeah, that was my point. I mean noone here is getting any serious money from that. I mean these are a bunch of kids who want to lay down something on that beat and do a video with their friends directing. I mean what interest could for example the record label of the original artist have? There is basically no money to get. They could in worst case just insist that we take down the video and the beat, right?

Personally speaking... Don't put out sampled music if you don't have the money to clear sample. It's more cost effective for you to put out original music.

Back