Sample Interpolation 101

T

The Light

Can anyone explain the basics of this, why should a sample-based producer do it and how does it effect the sample clearing process?

*BUMP*

Im really concerned by this too, not everybody can get sheet from some piece of music, finding scales, chords and figuring out is this Major/Minor or what. Making a whole new beat in same scales and using sample from it (JUSTICE League) can be inspiring.

Last edited:
SMH...
It almost seems like you guys are looking for ways around giving original music makers what they're owed.

SMH...
It almost seems like you guys are looking for ways around giving original music makers what they're owed.

i dont think thats what there doing because even if they play the music themselves they would still have to pay.

to answer the question a sampled based producer should learn that if not for anything else for flexibility. using the original recording what you have is what you have, if you can play out the part yourself you can change it to fit the beat more. as far as payment i would assume its like covering a song you have to pay just not as much.

SMH...
It seems that ` of the net are already doing it.

My Answer is . Why care? If your learn to make your own music you will never have to ask questions like this.
Whomever you steal the music from wont care unless it makes money.
By then you will be able to pay the lawsuit.

Last edited:
I know Mike Chav does replays... http://www.mikechav.com

Some of the stuff he did for Jay Electronica I swear was a sample, but he told me its original/non sample. They vibe off the sample and then re-create their own elements... chop, flip, add some analog vintage flavor and pow!

Sample interpolation means that you "perform" the original music to better fit your beat so that you don't have to pay as much for the PERFORMANCE rights but you still have to pay who owns the recording (sometimes artist, mostly label)?

Back