Sample Clearance

as far as what

how to clear samples?
should you clear samples?

at what level do you actually want to clear a sample?
before selling a instrumental?
should an artist/company clear the sample once the song is done?
or before?

you have to know if it's worth it to clear a sample and make sure if it's a single that you got the promo/marketing budget supporting it to make it a success

check my sig
I can help you

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

I'm about to release an album with an artist I'm working with but I have samples for the tracks and I know a lot of companies won't press the cd's w/o proper clearance but clearance seems expensive and not worth it for labels to bother you if you're not selling thousands of units.

Listen to the tracks below if you'd like.

AverageJoeProductions's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

this comes down to proper budgeting for sample clearance
depending on the artists and how many samples you have $10,000 to clear them or it could be up to $11,000 to just clear one sample

when making an album you have to consider this if you want to be (legal as far as use of samples)
now if the sample is easy recongable by the pressing plant they may contact you on that
so either go sample-less or go with illegal use of samples
try to pitch the album to an indie label and see if they will sign you/pay to clear the samples

you have options you need to plan occurly when going from making music to venturing into the music business

I teach this tools and I can help get starting on the right path for FREE or diy and research and info. gather yourself
the information is out there ..but can you process it right so you on point is the question you have to ask yourself

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Christ is King of All Men

Back