Running A Label In Your Home

I've already been looking at the average cost of renting an apartment in a lot of states. I plan to make connections before I even moved, find a job in the state before I moved, and look for potential artists before I move. That way when I get wherever I'm going, I'm not completely stuck. I'm been looking at Houston like you said. I work really fast so I'd plan to have the artists EP out within 2 months of my being in the city. An album by my 6th month, and mixtapes and songs done already. I'm not just gonna go down there and just run wild. I have a gameplan.

houston sounds good for sure.. big state to gig out of for sure..and alot of music professionals down there

No I don't have skype, sorry

---------- Post added 03-18-2012 at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-14-2012 at 10:22 PM ----------

I'm actually gonna start looking for people who also want to begin a label. That would lower the costs I'd need to put in and we could possibly handle more than 1 artist at the same time.

be careful who you partner up with sir...
and be specific about goals and task of each partner

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Before I even finished college, I was gonna apply to jobs at record labels. It would give me some experience and connections. I would try and partner up with someone from there.

If I hire a marketing company and a radio promotion company, what else is there for me to do?

manage the services that they provide make sure you get what you paid for
become a executive producer!!!
mold you talent oversee learn to develop songs
make sure your accounting is on point
and continue to learn from the marketing/radio promotion professionals
and make your own contacts so you can cut the costs of these companies when you're at a level you see fit..if you make good enough money and these companies are adding extreme value to your company then just write off as much business expenses as you can
learn how touring works...contact tour managers and network this what I'm researching now and trying to find tour managers/stage hands to network
contact shawty1 he works stages for a living maybe he can help you out as he is in houston too where you plan on relocating at this point right???

just some nuggets for you man

Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

I'm actually gonna go to LA instead. And I've found promotional companies for booking, radio, and promotion. The booking promotion is only for a month but you get a load of contacts of venues that are interested in your artist. I was gonna monitor what they did so I would know what to do as well. My marketing budget is at $10,000 right now for 2 months for booking, radio, and publicity.

why L.A.??? when Houston is more suited for gigs?? which you said is your main focus when it comes to your acts...not trying to change your mind just wondering why
and with the cost of living there and prices of homes you're going to have to sell alot more downloads and do alot more gigs

Always been a dream to live in LA, and I feel like there's a lot more talent out there. I can get a good shared 2 bedroom apartment for $600 a month and a decent 1 bedroom for around $1,200. And not necessarily LA, somewhere like West Hollywood. I have family that want to move to LA so if that worked out I'd be living with them which would lower the costs. Plus the weather is better.

Always been a dream to live in LA, and I feel like there's a lot more talent out there. I can get a good shared 2 bedroom apartment for $600 a month and a decent 1 bedroom for around $1,200. And not necessarily LA, somewhere like West Hollywood. I have family that want to move to LA so if that worked out I'd be living with them which would lower the costs. Plus the weather is better.

yeah you're young and I wouldn't want to try to raise a family in L.A. yeah the weather is nice but anywhere down south has nice weather too.
I couldn't stand living with anyone...I need that freedom but alot of young ppl do it..nice apt. and less expenses
talent is anywhere but yeah welcome to L.A. where alot of ppl go looking to become actors,rappers,singers,dancers...
you'll have a pick of the litter so to speak
blessings

I prefer to live by myself which is what I intend to do. I was just explaining that I looked prices up. I've already began looking for artists so I had some names when I went out there.

Back