Running Label From Home

JMD_Music

Is it really possible to fully run a label from your home? Turn an extra room into an office and do everything from there. Is it really possible to run a label if you're the only employee?

Is it really possible to fully run a label from your home? Turn an extra room into an office and do everything from there. Is it really possible to run a label if you're the only employee?

Yes it is. I think eventually you'd end up expanding into your own building, but everyone starts small. There is no shame in building your business from home and gradually growing it.

What if you'd rather do it from home? Do you look less professional running it from your home? This is a label that would never have more than 2-3 artists signed at once.

What about meetings with the artists and stuff like that? How it gonna look if you bring them to your house?

If you want to bring artists to your house that will ultimately be your call. When I was starting out I did it, but I was very selective with the people I allowed in. I eventually was able to branch out and have a central studio location where I could host meetings and do business in a more professional setting. Just weigh out your options and go with what makes sense.

What about meetings with the artists and stuff like that? How it gonna look if you bring them to your house?

there are plenty places to have meetings
you can take potential artists to lunch and follow up having meeting at free areas like in
my downtown area called the
"Old Market"
there is this building that has a Starbucks and First National Bank where a lot with tons of table and a couple of sofa,couches where ppl just hang out also there a table where ppl leave their business cards and a pin up area where you can leave flyers
and there's a backroom to have business meetings in a private
that you can schedule/reserve times to use the room

also all the public library around the corner from me has 3 private room that you don't need to request and a large room that you need to request and there are all plenty amazing looking rooms

and it has 12 chairs huge office desks and great lighting

so look for stuff like that in your city

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
You can run any business from a home office as long as it's not a business that keeps inventory. If so storage becomes a problem. But in your case you are fine. Just get with your local city hall, offices, etc and register your company name, tax indentification number, etc. That way any programs, equipment, office expenses, etc. you can write-off on your taxes.

Yes it's more than possible! Independent artist in essence are record labels. If you carry out all the task that a record label does you're a record label without the title.

For instance...I could be considered a record label owner, because I do everything a record label does.

Brian

Last edited:
Back