Resume tips and Whats the best way to go about getting a internship?

dmajor100

Okay im really needing yalls help because its the moment of truth were i get my ass out there and try to get my foot in the door in the recording world. I just finished audio school and pro tools certified and know the basics and standard engineering mixing but i still dont have any real experience and my knowledge is still lacking due to not enough mixing just because im more focused of being a music producer. Ive done research of local studios in my area and have a standard resume but not sure how do i go about introducing myself. Do i just do a phone call and ask if they need help at the studio or show more and just go uninvited with my resume in hand and hope they dnt tell me to come back when ive schedule a meeting. The thing that might get in the way is my full time job that has unset days that i work but i tell you if i get a internship at any studio country,latin,hip hop or even metal ill have to cut down to part time to make myself avaliable. please any one with simliar history or recently had to go threw this give me some pointers

p.s. Anyone can give my pointers on a stronger resume

Objective
Qualifications Summary
Experience Highlights
Education and Training
Community Involvement
Daniel Facundo
Houston,tx,77084 361-585-0648 dmajor100@gmail.com
To position myself as a learner and achiever in any area of the music industry I am a gradute of mediatech audio school and a certified pro tools operator
Skill 1
recording live bands and extensive recording sessions with artists on digital and analog consoles. Skill 2
adr editing experienced
Skill 3
• Live sound reinforcement at live venues with digital console and experienced live sound mixing technuiqes.
Undergraduate School
Mediatech institution
Graduate School
audio engineer certification and pro tools certified
Specialized Training
Avid pro tools 9 HD,melodyn,reason,logic 9 express volunteer at music concerts envolved in stage setup and tear down

Well, I'm being honest with you, but getting a job in a studio is very difficult. What exactly is it that you want to do? Why do you need to work in a professional studio?

Brian

To learn the Art of sampling,micing and just overall handle situations with artist

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I meant mixing not sampling

To learn the Art of sampling,micing and just overall handle situations with artist

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I meant mixing not sampling

Well, the best way to learn something is by doing it. I've learned to mix through my own personal mixes, but I've never learned to use mics. I'm learning to manage artist by offering artist a chance to work in my tracks, so that would be handling artist. I wouldn't say that internships are a bad thing, but if you have the confidence, drive, and ambition you can learn anything on your own. There are countless books, websites, articles, magazines, and videos to teach you nearly anything. Minus my internship with a record label I learned a whole bunch on my own, so I know it's possible. Perhaps you need the internship to really pump you up, and then afterwords it'll set you off like it did me. Good luck with whatever you do though, it isn't easy but it's possible.

Brian

I would just volunteer to help others audio engineers in their studio

WHILE
building your own home studio(not in your bedroom but a separate room which can be a empty bedroom)

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Im wanting to be a intern to learn from experience people who all ready know the things i dnt know. This will also bring me closer into the profesional world of higher end contacts. My studio is close enough for mixing but i need more acoustics. In my yr at school i Maybe did 5 total mixes That arent even high quality and its very hard getting a good mix to Sound great in my car. So do ya think its pointless of even Going to studios and trying

Im wanting to be a intern to learn from experience people who all ready know the things i dnt know. This will also bring me closer into the profesional world of higher end contacts. My studio is close enough for mixing but i need more acoustics. In my yr at school i Maybe did 5 total mixes That arent even high quality and its very hard getting a good mix to Sound great in my car. So do ya think its pointless of even Going to studios and trying

Is it pointless?

Well, that's a question you really have to ask yourself. Do you really want to be a producer, are you willing to put in the hours, and are you willing to try things that might not work?

Brian

Lifes a risk and i didnt to audio school for nothing and did not movr away from home to not try. But my original question still stands,how do i go about offering myself as a intern. Obviously there not gonna expect me to know everything and sure there gonna want me to bring clients in for them.

Lifes a risk and i didnt to audio school for nothing and did not movr away from home to not try. But my original question still stands,how do i go about offering myself as a intern. Obviously there not gonna expect me to know everything and sure there gonna want me to bring clients in for them.

I would find local studios, get contact names, and write up a very gushy letter as to why it would make your world if you could intern with "X" studio.

Brian

Does your school have intern coordinators? If not I would suggest calling a studio and asking if they are accepting resumes for possible interns. I would avoid just showing up. Some studios with have info regarding on their websites.

Resume needs work: at least the skills section. You should break down in greater detail your knowledge of these areas. I am sending you an email with a sample of my resume (personal info removed) from around the time I was on the same type of search.

The main thing is laying out what you can do for them and how you can be of service.

I will put "Resume Sample" in the subject.

Does your school have intern coordinators? If not I would suggest calling a studio and asking if they are accepting resumes for possible interns. I would avoid just showing up. Some studios with have info regarding on their websites.

Resume needs work: at least the skills section. You should break down in greater detail your knowledge of these areas. I am sending you an email with a sample of my resume (personal info removed) from around the time I was on the same type of search.

The main thing is laying out what you can do for them and how you can be of service.

I will put "Resume Sample" in the subject.

Bingo.

This is how I got my internship with a music producer, and then a record label.

Brian

Back