Remixes for Record Labels.

alexdodd93

Hi guys,

This is just a simple straight forward question. I'm looking to start emailing a few record labels here in the UK 'offering my services' as a remixer.

I'm just unsure of which email I should be looking for, I know the A+R email is the one to look for ideally, but on failing that is the "demo email" the one to go to?

I'm not really sure if it is seeing as though I'm not actually looking to send a track in to get signed, I'm wondering if I should just email general inquiries or what? I just don't want to waste my time sending emails to the demo addresses for it to be the wrong place.

Any help would be much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Maybe a little 'sub-thread' within this too,

What would you say would be the 'correct approach': emailing records labels (as the question above asks about) or emailing Artists managements?

I checked that, but I'm looking for the specific answer, is the 'demo email' the place to go to if there is no A+R section on a website.

I'm not actually sending off music hoping to get signed. I just want to chat to somebody at the label who I could talk to about my work and ask them about possibilities of remix opportunities.

sometimes it's hard to get actual contact info...unless you're introduced by someone else or someone is reaching out to you..
I suggest doing remixes of all the artists of labels you want to attract and promo them
get a web presence with them and offline too and hopefully you get approached...are you DJ'in that's another way of making contacts ....

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Don't chase these labels with beats and remixes those are a dime a dozen. Create new original songs, build a fanbase and make them find you. All you are doing is working harder for less gain than if you were to find your own artists to charge for remixes.

if remixing is the route you want to go down, get on with making as many remixes you can without contacting labels.

Once you have a few/maybe starting to get a small fanbase, go in to the labels office in person or phone them up. You'll make far more of an impact and it will be a more memorable introduction. Think of how many thousand demo emails they're going to get. Plus realistically they are a business and won't bother giving you any help/advice or even consider talking to you about remixing their tracks unless you are already massive. Get some solid remixes under your belt and give them to the labels in person!

Back