Remix taken down?

Reezybeats

How do artists like Avicii or Zedd or even David Guetta keep their remixes from being taken down due to copyright claims? I put a remix up on Youtube recently (in my sig) and within two days, IFPI filed a takedown notice :( . Also, do any of you guys have experience with remixes being taken down and what I can do to prevent that in the future? Thanks!

How do artists like Avicii or Zedd or even David Guetta keep their remixes from being taken down due to copyright claims? I put a remix up on Youtube recently (in my sig) and within two days, IFPI filed a takedown notice :( . Also, do any of you guys have experience with remixes being taken down and what I can do to prevent that in the future? Thanks!

the remixes they do are most likely requested by the artists involved in the original work and they probably get paid for doing the remixes(Avicii/Zedd) that's what they do right remixes???

the remixes they do are most likely requested by the artists involved in the original work and they probably get paid for doing the remixes(Avicii/Zedd) that's what they do right remixes???

...did he seriously ask that question? lol dude we are talking about big brand name artists. there's no way anything they publish online or play in the clubs/events will get red flagged. and like fatalone said, they actually have the official rights to those records they remix. and just so you know, legally speaking you didn't not officially remix anything. you made a bootleg. this is why i don't remix anything anymore. there would be times where my remix would surpass the original (no joke) and soundcloud or youtube would knock on my door saying "nope! sorry buddy". my advice? remix tracks that are permitted to be remixed. there are tons of remix contests out there. take advantage.

...did he seriously ask that question? lol dude we are talking about big brand name artists. there's no way anything they publish online or play in the clubs/events will get red flagged. and like fatalone said, they actually have the official rights to those records they remix. and just so you know, legally speaking you didn't not officially remix anything. you made a bootleg. this is why i don't remix anything anymore. there would be times where my remix would surpass the original (no joke) and soundcloud or youtube would knock on my door saying "nope! sorry buddy". my advice? remix tracks that are permitted to be remixed. there are tons of remix contests out there. take advantage.

that's a good point if you want your DJ/producer career to be centered around making remixes(can be a great cash cow) it's best to take advantage of remixes contests as stated above

Your Next Record With Aoki | How it Works

Find A Remix Contest | Remix Comps

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities

REMIX CONTEST: FLY | Firepower Records

Beatport Play

enjoy remixing

Last edited:
Remix competitions can be rewarding, even if you don't win. You'll learn a lot from the process itself, plus you'll always have the possibility to have some money in the end.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Really appreciate the info and especially the links to the contests! I guess I'll just stick to contests and original content for now.

Remix competitions can be rewarding, even if you don't win. You'll learn a lot from the process itself, plus you'll always have the possibility to have some money in the end.
True! Plus yo could gain new fans from it :)

Back