Record Label & Publishing

For those of you who have record labels or own your own publishing, can you PLEASE tell me how do I go about getting my own record label/publishing company? Thanks in advance.

register with ascap or BMI
you can sign up under your business name I think one thing I plan on researching for my business plan

I'd say bmi... I heard bad things about ascap such as not keeping track of all your spins and what not especially overseas if you're here in the states.

For those of you who have record labels or own your own publishing, can you PLEASE tell me how do I go about getting my own record label/publishing company? Thanks in advance.

poof! you are a record label and a publishing company!

If you own a copyright and have music to release on your own, you are technically a record label and publishing company.

It doesn't mean you are a good label or publishing company... all it means is that you are doing these things yourself.

The labels shares in usually up to 50% of the artist publishing. Rock artists and bands have found a way to get around all that waiting for the record label by self-publishing their own music.

Back