Record Label named LaffyCo?

Electro DGX

Musical Being
Hey everyone. I have a question about a record label named LaffyCo. They contacted me, saying they were interested in my tracks and wanted me on their label. I can't seem to find up much info about them online, and it seems that they are a UK based label. Have you heard of this label?

If so, what are your experiences with them? They claim to be good at promoting tracks, which is what initially drew me in since the label I'm currently on isn't that good at promotion in all honesty. This is their website: https://laffyco.net/

All in all, would it be bad for me to sign up with them? I'm just wondering if they are a label that I can trust. Thanks!

Not sure tbh.

Contact them and politely and professionally ask them about their methods, their staff and the resources, that kind of thing. Also how they monetize their artists.

You have a right to ask them anything you want to know, and why you should sign with them rather than another label.

They contacted me too, they are a new label just starting out. went to the website and Laffyco is basically a network with multiple things. The website is Laffyco.net.

I signed the contract, its a legit label with a small audience. They send your music to all platforms and you get 60% of the cut ( a bit low imo but whatever i guess, i dont make much money doing this anyway lol)

Conclusion; No its not bad if you sign up with them, they arent scammers. there are tons of labels just like laffyco that are internet based and small.

Cheers, Paradise Lost

That's good info to know: 60% is actually pretty high I think (although I'm no expert)
just another point to add: these days being on a label doesn't necessarily add anything if you already have a good sized fanbase yourself.

If the label signs 10 artists and their fanbase is 10 times the size of yours, it might not be worth it.

Last edited:
Back