Record Label Music Submission! Help!

So i have been chatting with a record label for some time, and they want to work with me.
They said to me, that they need to see some beats from me, so i can demonstrate, how good my quality is and so on. I have been sending them over soundcloud, so i could make sure it doesnt get ripped (im paranoid someone will rip em off if a send a mp3 trough a e-mail)

But now, they want me to send the beats through their email. My question is.

Is it safe to send the beats over their email in mp3 files? Do i get my music ripped off, or do i loose my rights if i send it over to them? Need help, reply asap!

Thanks.

Hi, Soundcloud should be good enough for them to listen to what you got.
Now, about getting "ripped off". You need to understand something.

If a given label is interested in your music, I would bet that it's because of your style. Now they could "rip off" a beat, but what serious label ever works with mp3s as a base for what they put out?
So let's imagine, worst case scenario, they rip you off, one or two beats, and end up doing something with them (again, I doubt they'll put kanye west on some random mp3 from soundcloud, but who knows?). What if it has success, and they get asked for more.

they can rip you off on one or two beats, but it's extremely difficult to replicate one's unique style.

So unless you have absolutely no musical identity (in which case, I doubt any serious label would be interested in offering you something acceptable as a deal), in which case, your label isn't a serious one (probably some kids smoking too much weed in their mom's basement, calling themselves a "label", just as we like to call ourselves "producers"), and you got nothing to be worried about.

Either you got a strong and established musical identity, in which case they could rip you off of one or two beats (again, in mp3, so they probably won't do much with them), but who cares? since you got your own unique style, you just can make more, and they can't.

In this business, people take themselves way too seriously way too soon, you'll be fine, you don't want to be signed on a shitty, soundcloud/mp3 rippin label anyways, do you?

if they mean business, they'll let you know clearly enough

But yea, you've been chatting with them for a long time, and they kept chatting with you without having heard anything yet? sounds like wannabees, I'd move along

Anyway, good luck!
My $.02

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I dont have such big musical identity. But the label is clearly a serious one, as they have sent me pictures of their studio, and i know they are over 20 years of age (i can confirm, that its their studio)

And they mean business, we have already talked about signing contracts, the only thing that bothers me, are sending the files. So i am good on that department, i guess?

well, I wouldn't know, but what's the problem for them for listening on soundcloud? it's pretty much the same thing.

Now maybe they want the separate tracks so they can mix/master themselves (which does make sense), in which case, it should be, I assume, done by contract.

Back