Record label for minors

Electro DGX

Musical Being
Hey guys. I was wondering if you knew of any record labels for artists that are 16 years of age. I tried submitting my tracks to a label called Teknofonic Recordings, but they said that state laws don't allow them to accept minors on their label, and he also added that if I get a representative submitting my music then I could work something out. I'm unable to do that as of the moment and was wondering if you guys knew of any record labels that accepts minors at least 16 years of age.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys. I was wondering if you knew of any record labels for artists that are 16 years of age. I tried submitting my tracks to a label called Teknofonic Recordings, but they said that state laws don't allow them to accept minors on their label, and he also added that if I get a representative submitting my music then I could work something out. I'm unable to do that as of the moment and was wondering if you guys knew of any record labels that accepts minors at least 16 years of age.

Thanks in advance :)

All minors are required to have an adult rep: parents, agents etc due to child labor laws.

it goes beyond child labour laws: you are not deemed competent by most courts to enter into contracts until you are at least 18 and in some cases/countries/states 21:

i.e. any contract you sign can be torn up the courts and a new contract created that benefits you more than it would a label if they sign you whilst you are still a minor

Your best bet isn't to really go for a label anyway. You'll realise that down the line, I'm sure.

You're 16, take your time... Learn the business, work on your craft, release your music when you're ready.

You're clearly much more mature than I was at your age, (judging by your attitude in the opening post) so you probably have a good sense of where you want to go with music. Take your time and learn the business.

That's the advice I'd give my 16 year old self, if I could.

Cheers,
Jordan

Back