Receiving Payment via Paypal... they want checking account... safE?

So I am looking into selling my beats.

Rocbattle.com wants you to link a paypal account for payments... so I looked into getting a paypal account.

Paypal wants my bank info. It seems to be a reputable site but there are also a lot of complaints around the web. IE: Paypal: Don’t trust them with your checking account! | Random Thoughts - Randosity!

What is the general method that beat makers use to receive payment? Any advice?

I've been using paypal for 14 years never had an issue. Routing information is public information. Every bank list's their routing numbers. That post you linked to is written buy a very paranoid individual. With their "could" and "ifs". The same could be said about banking from your cellphone.

Not used paypal as long as cyko, but there are no issues beyond getting your account certified to begin with:
- They make two random sub $1 deposits to your account which you need to report back to them correctly
- After that it is the same as if you used a credit card only no-one but paypal gets your details
- From my perspective the only potential rip-off is what they charge for currency conversion which is not in line with other commercial operators
-- current Exchange rate in aussie vs us dollars is ca AU$1 buys US$0.89c, but paypal will only sell you US$0.87c per AU$1
--- in real terms that is a markup of AU2.6c per dollar - over a US$1000 purchase that is an additional AU$26

Last edited:
I've been using paypal for 14 years never had an issue. Routing information is public information. Every bank list's their routing numbers. That post you linked to is written buy a very paranoid individual. With their "could" and "ifs". The same could be said about banking from your cellphone.

Thanks for the info but to clarify they do ask for the 12 digit account number, in addition to the routing number. Have you provided them with that? Thanks

Last edited:
the routing number (6/9 digits depending on country of origin) is only sufficient to make sure that it goes to the right bank and the right branch at which your account is held.

the account number is what distinguishes you at that branch

in Australia we use a BSB (Bank State Branch) code for routing and then the account number for accessing the correct persons financial details.

note that with paypal you do not authorise them to do any more than collect money on your behalf or to access your money from your account to pay bills. When you transfer funds from paypal to to your account the transaction is handled by a computer not a person.

you're good bro, been using paypal for more than 10 years with my checking account hooked up.

Back