A quick Soundcloud Question

[John Doe]

$-------$--------$
Hey guys,

I have one question about Soundcloud.....

Can I post sampled beats there without them getting taken down? Sampled as in not royalty free stuff.....

I know you can't on youtube :\

,thanks

I wouldnt risk it, I've heard that they're getting stricter with it, even taking DJ mixes down on occasion.

Youtube allows it if whoever you samplin knows abou it/gettin ads monetized for it/puts ads on it/blocks certain countries from accessin it etc.
Same with soundcloud I believe, however that's a slipperin' slope that's best headed of.

Soundcloud removed an orchestral version of a Taylor Swift song I put up that had about 400 views.

...yet, after a quick search by me, kept up PAGES and PAGES worth of other peoples remixes/covers to the same song that have over 5 million views. So who knows how they cherry-pick.

They probably just take it down if someone reports it. Too much work for them to actively scan for it.

Soundcloud removed an orchestral version of a Taylor Swift song I put up that had about 400 views.

...yet, after a quick search by me, kept up PAGES and PAGES worth of other peoples remixes/covers to the same song that have over 5 million views. So who knows how they cherry-pick.

Does your remix utilize the vocals right away? Try having solely the instrumental for the first 15 or so seconds, and the vocals come in after. That usually works for me.

I personally didn't have any problems uploading sampled beats to Soundcloud or YouTube. Haven't had any problems with Soundcloud at all, not even when i had words like "beat for sale" in the track title or if i had a "buy" button available. I only ran into few issues for uploading remixes of other people songs to YouTube, like they blocked few remixes so they can't be watched in certain countries, but nothing major. They always ask you to acknowledge a third party content, and if you do it they don't take your video down.

Does your remix utilize the vocals right away? Try having solely the instrumental for the first 15 or so seconds, and the vocals come in after. That usually works for me.

The vocals did come in after only about 1 second.

I appreciate the pro tip.

They always ask you to acknowledge a third party content, and if you do it they don't take your video down.
They won't, but at the same time you can't monetize the video. Of course it isn't qhat you want to achieve with it, but a couple more bucks couldn't harm.

Back