Quick questions about Sample CDs & Licensing

Blazin8s

Hey what's up, great board :cool:

I'm new to this, but music has been my primary passion since I was a kid. I have an appreciation for many genre's & styles. I'm familiar with Sonar X1 and Adobe Audition. I have numerous sample packs that I've been fooling around with for a while and I'm ready to take it to the next step.

Among those samples include packs from Vengeance, Magix, & Loopmasters. I've gotten pretty good at piecing together some fantastic tracks that I know would be great hits. Upon reading the terms & agreement I'm under the impression I cannot use any of the samples from those packs in tracks that I want to distribute commercially, is this pretty much the way it is with all sample packs? Also if that is the case, what is the purpose of all these sample packs? Are there any companies that do let you use any of their samples commercially? Or am I just confused.. Because we all hear many of the same/similar beats in many different recordings all the time.

I'm very fluent in this particular genre and the tracks I've made there are no others like them that I've heard. So are all these loops just for practice and getting your feet wet or? I'm also interesting in making them from scratch in something like FruityLoops, but at the moment this is where I'm at and just looking for a little clarification.

Last edited:
read the terms again most sample library you can not resell the loops themselves but can use the loops in your beat and sell the beat
since you brought the sample library
they don't want you trying to resell the sample library
but like I said re-read the licensing agreement

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

99% of most sound design/sample retailers content is royalty free. Just make sure you are buying from a trusted source that designs and provides original content. Wouldn't be any fun to have a smash record using a break beat you couldn't clear.

Awesome you guys rule, that is fantastic news. That makes much more sense. That's originally what I thought before I started any of this, then I reread the licenses the other day to double check before moving this up to the next level. I guess I was out of it and read them wrong. I see it now.

Glad to clear this up. Thanks :cheers:

Back