Questions about selling beats

fp1

hey guys
ive never actually sold a beat before. from the start of my producing, i never really planned on selling them, i just started making beats cause i loved music, so it was more of a hobby. im still in school and i dont plan on music becoming my career. however, i think the idea of getting a few extra bucks from selling/leasing my beats is great. anyways, here are a few of my questions regarding selling beats:

1. what are some good websites for selling beats (i dont plan on making my own website, like i said i dont plan on taking this too far, i just want a few extra bucks)
2. how much should you sell a full rights license for compared to a lease?
3. if im selling beats relatively cheaply (i.e. $20 for a lease), how much do you think i will be making?
4. does it take a while before people start buying your beats?
5. how do you advertise your beats? i have a youtube account, what other cheap ways are there to advertise?

these are the only ones that came off the top of my head, im sure ill think of more later. any answers/advice would be much appreciated, thanks a lot

1. SoundClick, RocBattle
2. I'd go with 100$
3. Depends on how much time you put in networking and promoting
4. Depends on how much time you put in networking and promoting
5. You shouldn't start out with advertising, make relationships, give away free beats, get your name out there, and focus on relationships with potential costumers instead of sales.

If I was you, I would go with your own website instead of SoundClick or RocBattle. In order to look professional, get some exposure, or even start selling, you'll have to pay SoundClick or RocBattle (too much).

Getting your own domain, and free hosting, like 000webhosting.com, you can have a website up and running for less than 10$. I can make a webdesign for you, as I'm still learning, I don't charge much. Email me: skullfacebeatz@gmail.com

Hope I have helped you.

Good Question Bro

1. Get a Soundclick

2. Sell beats 1 for $50, and 5 for $200 EXCLUSIVE PRICE (You'll sell plenty if your beats are HOT!)

3. Depends on how much time you put in networking and promoting (Just like the other dude said).... You can easily hit $200 a month and Grow your clientele.

4. Depends on how much time you put in networking and promoting... U can sell a beat today. It just depends on if the rappers want your beats or if hes broke...etc

5.SOCIAL MEDIA ALL THE WAY! Twitter is Recommended. Just promote and build a list of rappers emails using a email management service like , MailChimp, Aweber, etc. Youll sell beats fast at $50 for Exclusive Rights!

Your Welcome,
Keep Me Posted!

Soundclick is def a good start because of the traffic but keep in mind if you want to start selling beats consistently you've got to "play the game" right and follow some of the basic fundamentals.

Since alot of the basics are "common knowledge" and "comon conversation" on this forum, make the search tool your new best friend. (seriously)

good luck.

Back