Questions about Radio Commercials

dwayne00

I plan on doing radio commercials for a few local companies and I am trying to make some income on doing this for these companies. Should I do my first couple for free then start charging? I want to know how do I get paid from the commercials that will get played on the radio that I do. How do I register to make sure I get paid from that. Also if I charge for a commercial when I'm just getting started should I sign over the rights to the commercial including my music or should I charge so much upfront and keep the rights to my music and still try to get paid on the back end? How does this work when doing radio ads for local companies? Thanks

I plan on doing radio commercials for a few local companies and I am trying to make some income on doing this for these companies. Should I do my first couple for free then start charging? I want to know how do I get paid from the commercials that will get played on the radio that I do. How do I register to make sure I get paid from that. Also if I charge for a commercial when I'm just getting started should I sign over the rights to the commercial including my music or should I charge so much upfront and keep the rights to my music and still try to get paid on the back end? How does this work when doing radio ads for local companies? Thanks

These are you calls buddy

1) Should I do work free and then charge

Do you want to do that? If yes, then do it, if not then don't

2) How do you get paid?

Flat rate or royalties, it depends on what you and the client agree on

3) How do I register my work

Go to your PRO, follow the detailed directions they have listed

4) Should I give them exclusive rights?

See answer for question #1

5) How much should I charge

Look at the going rate, if you don't know ask another station, figure what your time is worth (realistically) and pick a price point

I charge a flat rate starting at $1,500, that's the going rate in the market I supply. It could be completely different for you, so you have to get the round about rate

Last edited:
Back