A Question for the established producers here.

Guy Gabriel

Are you guys still running soundclick and soundcloud pages with beats for sale/lease after you got major placements?

---------- Post added 06-03-2012 at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-31-2012 at 02:35 AM ----------

No established producers here?

I'll speak on behalf of producers with major placements... the answer is yes. Major placements don't carry as much weight as they used to... continue the indie grind and up your prices.

Define major placements, would you?
]
Let's face it, producers who're actually in the industry rarely have time to respond to threads. Lucky for you, I'm here to help answer this question. Are you ready... Placements are placements and nitpicking between working for one person or another can put you in the poor house. Also, regardless of the types of placements a producer gets, selling beats on soundcloud or soundclick is profitable when utilized by the right person. Besides, where's the hidden rule that says you're only allowed to use one or the other? I suggest that you use both so you can reach out to both demographics.

To sum it up, work daily to sell your music, place beats everywhere you can monitor, and promote to your fan base on a regular basis. If you don't have a fan base then your only priority should be developing one. It's difficult to get placements or sell beats if you don't have a fan base, after all. Fans make it possible for us producers to exist; therefore, you'll be force to reach out to them one way or the other.

hell yeah i sell beats online after i got placed on a few albums
for me, major placements dont happen every single day. hell not even every single year (in my own experience) so that 5k?
let's say you live on your own & your rent is 500 a month... if you were smart and only spent it on keeping a roof over your head..not on rims.
in 10 months, the money is gone.
but realistically nobody is going to spend it all on rent. you got things to buy/do/see. so what do you do in between major placements?
hustle.

Back