question about the right producer contract / agreement / working as a team.

laffa-yett

hello guys,
i have one question.
i and a good friend of mine make beats together and upload them on youtube. we're also selling them. so now everyone of us is spending a lot of time on them and we're trying to do a kind of contract that binds us to this projekt. sometimes i do a whole beat by myself sometimes he does the same. as for now, we havent spent any of the money we made with our beats. we want that everyone of us has equal rights for the beats we've made. So this Agreement should prevent future disputes we might "will" have. do someone here has any idea how we cant made such an agreement "contract".
thank you in advance.

Any way that you want to. First you need to have a frank discussion regarding how things should be credited and split among you, if you always want to go 50-50 or if certain things (maybe a solo creation of yours or his) is exempt from the agreement. Then write up an agreement and sign it.

You may (should really) have an attorney familiar with the laws in your area look at it, but there are contract templates and split-sheets available on the Web. A couple of good books are by Donald Passman and Kashif (links provided):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/All-You-...85799&wl11=online&wl12=45966206&wl13=&veh=sem

Everything You'd Better Know About the Record Industry: Kashif, Gary Greenberg: 9781885726032: Amazon.com: Books

GJ

Last edited:
Back