Question about record labels today

Croatia MD

I've been back into music production 1.1.2016. when I quit my job as an accountant. Since then I've made several tunes, and for one of those (one in my signature) I'm looking for a record label.
I've been apsent from music for 7 years, before that I've signed around 5 tracks for 2 record labels.

Today 3.3.2016. I've sent over dozen of record companies my song, 4 of them answered right away, I'll copy paste their answers:

1.) Hi Mario, your tracks are very good, I'm interested in publishing them, you just have to send me the files in WAV format and create an image for the artwork or if you do not have it here ... thank you for keeping us in mind.

Best Regard

XXXXX

Label Manager XXXXX

2.) Greetings! We listened to your track "Amazed" and ready to release it! If you are ready to cooperate then fill the contract! (contact in an attachment which basicly says the same thing as guy before, send us wav file, make artwork myself, sign contact and thats it)

Label 3 and 4 answered in similar fasion.

Now, here is whats buzzing me.
7 years ago, I've signed 5 tracks, each of those tracks record label mastered my tracks and did artwork. Proces looked much longer and serious. One record lable even made a music video

Am I missing something here. Are things done like this in 2017. ? Did they all stop caring about perfect mix, about artists, or these are just "smaller" labels and they do business like this. Does anyone have expirience with signing tracks today?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I would look into where these labels have distribution, do they make physical product, if so, where and how is it available? Etc., etc.

The Internet/Webs/Digital Age has streamlined a lot of things, but that also means that a "label" can be an unfunded guy in a bedroom, so before going any further, I'd do a little due diligence...

This is not in regards to your music's quality (or not) but I hope you thought it over before quitting your day job. This is the era where non-music jobs are needed, if you want to do music, regardless of skill level, more than ever.

Last edited:
I would look into where these labels have distribution, do they make physical product, if so, where and how is it available? Etc., etc.

The Internet/Webs/Digital Age has streamlined a lot of things, but that also means that a "label" can be an unfunded guy in a bedroom, so before going any further, I'd do a little due diligence...
Yea I've checked them out. I wasn't to happy about the numbers they had in followers, views on youtube, soundcloud etc. And promotion is what I need.

This is not in regards to your music's quality (or not) but I hope you thought it over before quitting your day job. This is the era where non-music jobs are needed, if you want to do music, regardless of skill level, more than ever.

Music is not the reason why I quit.

Back