Question about joining ASCAP

JVickz

So I'm getting the chance to submit music for TV and the company I signed with is going to register me with ASCAP, Is it possible to join ASCAP if im not a
US Citizen?! I do have my ITIN number which I read you can use instead of a SSN! I also have a song with a major artist I want to register that's why I want to join ASCAP, will there be a problem with me not being a citizen?!

So I'm getting the chance to submit music for TV and the company I signed with is going to register me with ASCAP, Is it possible to join ASCAP if im not a
US Citizen?! I do have my ITIN number which I read you can use instead of a SSN! I also have a song with a major artist I want to register that's why I want to join ASCAP, will there be a problem with me not being a citizen?!

best thing to do is contact ASCAP directly

ASCAP - Contact ASCAP

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

I don't believe that citizenship is required for ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC membership. Especially since the companies dominate the industry worldwide. You should contact them to be certain of this though. These guys are very helpful when it comes to helping people.

I don't believe that citizenship is required for ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC membership. Especially since the companies dominate the industry worldwide. You should contact them to be certain of this though. These guys are very helpful when it comes to helping people.

yeah i did, and they said if i have the ITIN i can use that for the SSN, since they just want that for tax, so im good, thanks

Back