Question about copyrighting an entire album - PLZ HELP

cwrite

So Basically I need to copyright my songs/album. My question is I have an album that usea some songs of original production, others that use samples. Would I copyright the whole album or just the songs that use no samples??? Also, if I did just have to register the non sample songs could I do them all on 1 application or would I have to do them each individually?

---------- Post added 02-15-2012 at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-13-2012 at 02:30 PM ----------

anyone???

Don't waste your time copyrighting your work. Poor mans copyright will reign (i.e. the mere creation of the tracks on the album). By copywriting a track w/ non cleared samples you are essentially voiding the copyright to begin with.

Alot of cats wanna be legit in the music business but are focusing on issues that don't matter IMO. Albums come and go daily these days and the attention span of music fans is very short.

Don't waste your time copyrighting your work. Poor mans copyright will reign (i.e. the mere creation of the tracks on the album). By copywriting a track w/ non cleared samples you are essentially voiding the copyright to begin with.

Alot of cats wanna be legit in the music business but are focusing on issues that don't matter IMO. Albums come and go daily these days and the attention span of music fans is very short.

I have disagree about registering the copyrights of your songs it's cheap and simple as far as registering the whole album that's a bust like alkota said because you have some songs with samples that aren't cleared correct.
register what copyrights you can

remember as soon as you make a song/instrumental you have a copyright (registering your song/instrumental/copyright with the library of congress is for proof of ownership of copyright)

take some time and read the golden sticky threads at the top of this section amazing info waiting for you sir.
so you're better off using this mixtape/album for promo to bring ppl to your own third-party free site,media social medians(facebook youtube, to link up with more music professionals or try to shop your whole album to an indie label to get signed

datphiff I think is the site is a great marketing/promo tool even though it's thick on that site

put the sample free music on sale on CDbaby which allows you to sell on iTunes,amazonMP3
only ten dollars
you be more like selling a EP 3-7 tracks
and maybe make back to money you spend on recording,mixing,and mastering of the album

sell at $2.99 and get family and friends to support you and you're never know you maybe able to sell 1000 to 5000 units with a little elbow gease and word of mouth amongst family and friends that will grow you a small local fanbase as well which
1.allows you to start to perform live
2.allows you to then sell your music on the shows CD Duplication | CD Replication | DVD Duplication | DVD Replication | Disc Manufacturing look at the small run of cd
3.allow you to sell merch

now none of this may happen at all or it may take 3 to 5 months but work every angle you can and keep releasing singles (sample-free) and learn marketing skills and connect with ppl on a personal level not just hey buy my songs they are fire ..won't work with most ppl
you may not be able to sell your music but you can make money off of getting alot of youtube hits and then become a youtube/advertising partner
creative a brand around your music that allows you to sell other products

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Christ is King Of All Men

At Fataltone thanks for the feedback....my group "Public Defendaz" is pretty much on the same track you just mapped out....we already got 3 mixtapes on Datpiff, 2 albums on itunes, and been rocking shows and opening up for a lot of big name acts....

Im mainly looking into registering my copyrights so we can get into licensing for shows, movies, etc......

My last question, is....when I go to register my original songs of an album....Can I register multiple songs at once or should I just do each song individually???

You can't copyright something that is already copyrighted, so sampled tracks are out... but if you have parts of the same song that uses samples that you created yourself, you can simply take the copyrighted materials out and copyright the song in that form...

And poor man's copyright has no legal standing in acuality... you hold the copyright to any music you create as soon as you put it into a tangible form i.e. CD, tape etc... Im not sure USB sticks or hard drives count... but its still better to register your works for that added protection

you can register copyrights of several songs at a time I think someone here said they registered copyrights of 25 beats(this can be songs too).

you mentioned you have songs on iTunes I'm not sure if you use Tunecore or Cdbaby but if you used CDbaby there a discount here
Home | MySpark — The Simplest Way to Register Copyrights
check out the website you can go straight the library of congress to register your copyrights
which is $35
but if you looking to go super easy try this service out.
but $85
The Walking on Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Goodlooking out Fataltone.....I'll let you know if I run into anymore questions but its looks like I should be able to figure this out

Back