Purchased Royalty Free Vocals but need help and suggestions

Suprarick

Hey,

So I produced a track and am not sure if I can legally copyright my song. I purchased vocals from Beatport a few months ago to use in the song, but now that my song is finished... when I Shazam my song or upload it to Youtube, I get an existing copyright claim on my song (probably due to the vocals). The song I made is original, but I did use the vocals I purchased.

Do you know if I can still copyright my song?
Can I eventually dispute with Shazam or Youtube? I want my fans to be able to Shazam my song and for Shazam to show it is mine. How does this work?

Thank you,
Patrick

Check your contract. Usually those things are designed so that you can use the samples for any music production, but not copyright them _to re-sell as a sample set_. In other words, you should be fine to use them as part of your song, if you purchased the tracks outright for music production. But check whatever paperwork or e-mail agreement you have to double=check the fine print.

None of the above should be misconstrued as legal advice of any kind.

GJ

Thanks. So, I am making the song for my own original production. I am not going to resell any samples as a sample set. I actually don't even plan to sell this song... I just want to be able to upload it to Soundcloud, Youtube, etc. and it not be copyright.

And as I said, I eventually want Shazam to recognize it as mine and not another track (which it already picks up because other producer's have already used this vocal I purchased in other songs).

Back