Pros and Cons of beats store players

fataltone

Holy Lamb Media & Ent.
hey it's fataltone to the tonezilla
and I'm researching beat store players to get a better understanding so I can provide more beneficial information to my clients and for general knowledge
post what kind of beat store player you have and why you use it
thanks in advance to all the ppl who will bring knowledge and professional mind state to the thread
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success

As far as I know none of the stores are free

Some of the more better known are myflashstore, Rocbattle, beatstars, soundcloud, there are some more but i'm drawing blank right now. But MyFlashstore is the most popular I believe.

The advantage is that you can use most of these on any site including facebook.

The biggest disadvantage of most IMO is how they handle the license agreement.

Last edited:
As far as I know none of the stores are free

Some of the more better known are myflashstore, Rocbattle, beatstars, soundcloud, there are some more but i'm drawing blank right now. But MyFlashstore is the most popular I believe.

The advantage is that you can use most of these on any site including facebook.

The biggest disadvantage of most IMO is how they handle the license agreement.

what do you mean by license agreement ?? sir because alot of companies use terms by mean different things
do you mean some of your profit goes to them
I know the full version of myflashstore is $100 KE.beats was saying that so you don't have that annoying tag on their
what player on you using
what have you heard about isellbetter player???
I went to their site alot of options with their player
I like that the myflashstore player can be posted on any site

Last edited:
No I mean how the license between you and the purchaser gets handled. Most of the time this is handled outside of the purchase channel. It should be part of the whole transaction not something separate.

No I mean how the license between you and the purchaser gets handled. Most of the time this is handled outside of the purchase channel. It should be part of the whole transaction not something separate.

totally agree now that's would be a great product

Here's a quick breakdown without getting into too much detail:

Pros:

Beat Store Players allow you to:

http://sftraxx.com/beats
Automate/streamline the beat selling process.
Deliver your beats automatically to your clients/customers immediately after the payment is complete.
Provide your customers with multiple purchase options *if coded correctly.
Secure your transactions.
Protect your music.

Cons:

Beat Store players don't always deliver the files correctly.
Beat Store players don't always protect your music.
Beat Store flash players don't display if the browser doesn't display flash. (eg: iphones don't show flash)
Beat Store players (if your signed up with a service) allow others to see who's buying your beats.
Beat Store players auto delivery sometimes ends up in the customers spam folder.

Last edited:
Here's a quick breakdown without getting into too much detail:

Pros:

Beat Store Players allow you to:

http://sftraxx.com/beats
Automate/streamline the beat selling process.
Deliver your beats automatically to your clients/customers immediately after the payment is complete.
Provide your customers with multiple purchase options *if coded correctly.
Secure your transactions.
Protect your music.

Cons:

Beat Store players don't always deliver the files correctly.
Beat Store players don't always protect your music.
Beat Store flash players don't display if the browser doesn't display flash. (eg: iphones don't show flash)
Beat Store players (if your signed up with a service) allow others to see who's buying your beats.
Beat Store players auto delivery sometimes ends up in the customers spam folder.

I didn't know that was you sftraxx tell I read you banner in your sig.
great info..I'm more interested in the differences between players and what is available out there
and ppl experiences with the player they use
I like your player on your site nice
tell us a little about that player sir
thanks in advance

ACTUALLY, my flashstore can send a PDF contract with the MP3 file (or wav, or trackout, up to the user) immediately after the consumer buys. On my site, I Just have my terms, and I say that purchasing a lease (thats all i have available) means you automatically agree to my terms. It is the equivalent of signing the contract. Problem solved.

Also, with MFS, you can assign each differnt player you use a tracking code, so you can see what avenues are converting and which arent. For instance, if i posted my player here, on FB, and twitter, and my personal site (twitter you cant but whatever), then whenever I make sales I can tell what player they came from by whatever name I assigned. I use MFS so i dont have to deal with the sending of beats.

Last edited:
ACTUALLY, my flashstore can send a PDF contract with the MP3 file (or wav, or trackout, up to the user) immediately after the consumer buys. On my site, I Just have my terms, and I say that purchasing a lease (thats all i have available) means you automatically agree to my terms. It is the equivalent of signing the contract. Problem solved.

Also, with MFS, you can assign each differnt player you use a tracking code, so you can see what avenues are converting and which arent. For instance, if i posted my player here, on FB, and twitter, and my personal site (twitter you cant but whatever), then whenever I make sales I can tell what player they came from by whatever name I assigned. I use MFS so i dont have to deal with the sending of beats.

I wish it was that cut and dry. Especially for exclusives. Non exclusives is ok. But for exclusives I want the buyer to acknowledge that he understands and agrees to the terms before he completes the transaction.

Last edited:
I wish it was that cut and dry. Especially for exclusives. Non exclusives is ok. But for exclusives I want the buyer to acknowledge that he understands and agrees to the terms before he completes the transaction.
Precisely why I dont even have exclusives on the player. As much as I would charge for ex. I feel the same way. I want em to KNOW what they are agreeing too haha. I just have "Email Me To Discuss Exclusive Rights" and the email is a link right to my email. They aren't perfect, but to me it beat having to keep track and mail em out.
Plus they are nice and tidy looking.

Last edited:
Precisely why I dont even have exclusives on the player. As much as I would charge for ex. I feel the same way. I want em to KNOW what they are agreeing too haha. I just have "Email Me To Discuss Exclusive Rights" and the email is a link right to my email. They aren't perfect, but to me it beat having to keep track and mail em out.
Plus they are nice and tidy looking.
this seems like the logical way to handle exclusives and use something like https://rightsignature.com/ to get your contracts signed so terms are agreed to
and you can print these documents out for your physical files.
I see that most like MyFlashStore

this seems like the logical way to handle exclusives and use something like https://rightsignature.com/ to get your contracts signed so terms are agreed to
and you can print these documents out for your physical files.
I see that most like MyFlashStore

No the logical way is to integrate them into the transaction. Many producers have royalty clauses, that are sometimes negotiated. If an artist buys a beat and afterwards says "oh I didn't know all that was in the contract.." then you have wasted time. So logic is. agree first than proceed to the transaction.

So far BeatStars is one of the few who handles this but there is no room to negotiate the contract.

A perfect cart would:

have a robust licensing integration, custom licensing options(my own terms), a way to negotiate during the process, and an agreement requirement before the transaction is completed.

No the logical way is to integrate them into the transaction. Many producers have royalty clauses, that are sometimes negotiated. If an artist buys a beat and afterwards says "oh I didn't know all that was in the contract.." then you have wasted time. So logic is. agree first than proceed to the transaction.

So far BeatStars is one of the few who handles this but there is no room to negotiate the contract.

A perfect cart would:

have a robust licensing integration, custom licensing options(my own terms), a way to negotiate during the process, and an agreement requirement before the transaction is completed.

I guess we have to pay a programmer to code a player for us...
if you're are programmer and reading this thread you could have a potential to make a killing
but the thing that trouble me about a free-lance programmer is bug fixes/and updates will that programmer continue to support the product
and the room to negotiate the contract is key Mobeatz that why at the point personal emails,communication is needed till these companies selling these beat player with intergrated stores

YO mannnn i was originally in college for web coding and computer programming...switched to business transfer (2 yr first) degree. Im about to say **** that lol and get back to computers. The jobs are and ALWAYS WILL BE in demand until the earth explodes, lol, annnnd i could CAKE UP off doing all the shit dude up there said on my own. and the thing about it is.......i know a litle about it already and that would NOT be hard to code...lol

And even if that didnt make bank the jobs you can pretty easily get are high paying too

Last edited:
Beatstars takes care of the paperwork on the spot during the purchase process... fully costumizable agreements ranging from non exclusive to background music and synchronization. i think its the best service for producers online at the moment but its tottaly underrated...
and yeah ...i`ve seen discussions about how they take a percentage of the transaction...but its kind of a fair trade if you think about it... they take 20% only for the transactions made on beatstars...the transactions made everywhere else are 100% yours...so you give 20% in exchange for publicity using their site as a marketing tool... sounds reasonable...

sure ..people who expect premium services for free will always say "f**k this ish" ...so the question of "what is the better tool?" kinda became alot more subjective in the matter...

Personally, I have isellbetternow and to me it's great! It's $60 for lifetime service and all upgrades are free after that. You can place the isellbetternow store on any site you wish because they give you the html code for it. The transactions with your customers using the isellbetternow store are smooth & up to par. (Trust me on this). You can place terms and FAQs in the FAQ section, you can customize the store to anything you want and the layout of the store is attractive. When someone buys a beat on isellbetternow they receive a link to the beat along with a leasing / exclusive contract that you yourself made. The isellbetternow store makes it very clear to your customers that when they purchase the beat, they agree to your terms and conditions. The store can also deliver track outs & it syncs with soundclick charts & paypal. They also have a good coupon code system, free download system & you can have unlimited tracks. They also have a thing where it displays the people who brought your beats and it let's you extract all their emails & information they provided when buying your beat. The only downfall I'd say they have is that they have no bulk editing. I suggested it to them and they said that they're working on it. Also, their support is amazing and they actually try to help you. I'm glad I use their store.

PS - they made a new store called micro - ISBN... they hope to make it replace the paypal button! The design is simple & innovative

Last edited:
yup that too!!! damn...it slipped my mind...i recently done alot of research on the matter cause my website is almost done and it was a tough decision choosing between the beatstars and ISBN ... i came to the concluson that ISBN had alot more to offer if you lean towards soundclick, and i see you took advantage of that! nice site!..they deff have great services ...nice graphics and really good pricing and offers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I have isellbetternow and to me it's great! It's $60 for lifetime service and all upgrades are free after that. You can place the isellbetternow store on any site you wish because they give you the html code for it. The transactions with your customers using the isellbetternow store are smooth & up to par. (Trust me on this). You can place terms and FAQs in the FAQ section, you can customize the store to anything you want and the layout of the store is attractive. When someone buys a beat on isellbetternow they receive a link to the beat along with a leasing / exclusive contract that you yourself made. The isellbetternow store makes it very clear to your customers that when they purchase the beat, they agree to your terms and conditions. The store can also deliver track outs & it syncs with soundclick charts & paypal. They also have a good coupon code system, free download system & you can have unlimited tracks. They also have a thing where it displays the people who brought your beats and it let's you extract all their emails & information they provided when buying your beat. The only downfall I'd say they have is that they have no bulk editing. I suggested it to them and they said that they're working on it. Also, their support is amazing and they actually try to help you. I'm glad I use their store.

PS - they made a new store called micro - ISBN... they hope to make it replace the paypal button! The design is simple & innovative

thanks for the information sir..see I'm about to start a production/song developement division to my media/ent. company and need a player that has the most features and future upgrade support and development.

One question though sir which option did you pick look like the $150.00 is the best option
I'll be using my own website so I don't know what they mean by a3layout???

any information you can provide would be amazing sir or anyone else who uses this player.
the thing about business you need to right tools and you got to know how to use them and I can research this by reviews but I like to hear what the FP community has to say.
thanks in advance

Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Producer JC said:

Pros

Online beat store players make it extremely easy for producers to start a business and saves producers a ton of start-up money. They also provide a way for us to take money in exchange for our beats.

Cons

Beat stores are often designed by companies who sell the for general use; therefore, the specific tools needs for client with special needs. Also, some beat store makers paint a false picture to their customer which makes t look like the store does on the sales work for the producer.

It's amazing to me that most producers ignore the actual selling process.

When it comes to non-exclusive agreements, the terms are simple because our beats can be resold at anytime to anyone for any reason. It doesn't really matter what buyer thinks because right belong to the music maker. However, exclusive agreements require TLC and therefore term should be negotiated between the parties involved; voice to voice or via email.

Any beat that's placed online can be stolen.

The idea behind music players is to increase the difficulty of theft in a cost effective way. If you're going to design your own music player, it's best to demo short 30 second clips of tagged beats. Either that, or only display beats with vocals on them. A real producer works with artists who use their beats in mix-tapes, albums, performances, etc . For non-exclusives, producers should promote the artists that buy from them as often as possible. On the other hand, you can save time and energy by using myflashstore or any one of their competitors. Each company has their own pros and cons, so look for the one that fits your specific needs. Most of us have have different work ethics, but the music business is still the same.

Selling beats requires a store.

Online stores work best for taking accepting credit card payments and paypal, but there are other ways to handle business. For example, before the internet came around hip hop artists would go to the studio to buy beats. They'd also higher bands and dj's to help the make music and would pay in cash. With an online store, embedded on a website, producers can still handle face to face business and make sells offline. The money exchange mostly happens online once terms are decided.

As far as contracts are concerned, each one should be negotiated based on the wants of the parties involved. This is the purpose of attorneys. It's seems like people in the industry are trying to develop a standard for purchasing the different right associated with music making. There are 6 rights that we can sell as music makers once we've created a new beat. If your going to have a standard contract, rather its acknowledged before or after the transaction, you needs to include to details as to what the purchaser can or can't do with those 6 rights. This is why producers need to know the process of making and releasing music, so they can protect their intellectual property from being stolen.

When selling beats, online or off, it's important to display the terms of purchase in a clear and legible way. Rather people read the terms before or after purchase is irrelevant in my experience, especially if the terms state something like, " By purchasing these beats you are accepting the terms and conditions of this agreement." It's their fault if they decide to purchase without reading. This doesn't mean you should try to sue every person that violates the terms. Usually a message to the purchaser letting them know a violation has occurred will fix most problems you run into.

IMO, producers who place too much importance on their beats hurt their business and sales. Remain humble and remember that it's about the music and not just about the beat. And, they should stop depending on these online stores to make sales for them. Those of you who don't know how to sell should either learn or hire someone who knows how to.

if ur serious as an person to take ur craft serious soundclick is the place point blank ,, if u want some1 to take u serious U got to take ur self serious aswell .. investing is the number 1 tool if u dont invest in the time to build as a whole cohesive artist then no1 will take u serious . 60s$ seems cool if ur dead broke if u want to be a up to par soundclick be the spot ... do ur research soundclick is no1

Back