Promotions for somewhat amateur producers?

Nexosaur

Multi-Genre Maker
A problem I've reached recently is finding a way to get my music out somewhere. The issue is, I can't find any places that promote anything that isn't "professional" in the sense that one could make money from selling the track.

I've tried submitting to promotions and labels before, but they always set high standards that I just can't meet. I want to know if there are any labels or promoters out there who don't try to exclude people below a certain level. I have no way to promote my tracks without spamming somewhere, and I haven't had an actual, non-bot Soundcloud follower in a long time.

Well, I think I'm good enough to get promotion. But there are also people who may not be but still need an audience because who's going to tell you what to improve on if you don't have followers to tell you?

At the point I'm at, no one gives me any feedback. I get a "sounds good" or something, but that's not really constructive feedback like a comment telling you that X part needs better EQ or Y part should be layered better. On a promoter's channel or Soundcloud, people may go to the artist, and when there are more followers, you actually get people telling you what you can fix.

Getting straight advice from actual people who are talking about your specific progress is better than going onto some webpage at musicradar that tells you "go layer drum samples go layer leads make awesome basses" or whatever. The interviews with people are good and all, but there's too much content directed to every producer out there, and none of it is just for you. Promotion allows a producer to get individualized feedback on something they've done or how they can improve in the future. A non-specific interview with some famous EDM producer isn't as much help as they think it is.

The only person who can make YOU better is YOU. No promotion will accomplish that. It's what you do... No one will promote you if your music isn't good enough. That's simple economics.

Join forums, learn how to do things. Make yourself work and get out of your comfort zone. That's how you'll improve. Not what some random person thinks is wrong with your track. Honestly...

If you want someone to tell you what you're doing wrong find a mentor who you respect.

Last edited:
Well, I think I'm good enough to get promotion. But there are also people who may not be but still need an audience because who's going to tell you what to improve on if you don't have followers to tell you?

At the point I'm at, no one gives me any feedback. I get a "sounds good" or something, but that's not really constructive feedback like a comment telling you that X part needs better EQ or Y part should be layered better. On a promoter's channel or Soundcloud, people may go to the artist, and when there are more followers, you actually get people telling you what you can fix.

Getting straight advice from actual people who are talking about your specific progress is better than going onto some webpage at musicradar that tells you "go layer drum samples go layer leads make awesome basses" or whatever. The interviews with people are good and all, but there's too much content directed to every producer out there, and none of it is just for you. Promotion allows a producer to get individualized feedback on something they've done or how they can improve in the future. A non-specific interview with some famous EDM producer isn't as much help as they think it is.

we have a review section on this forum try that and be proactive ..engage with others with serious ...advice
the same kind you want and when you post in the review section ask for that kind of advice/review

My last few posts in the review section have been ignored, or at least barely touched. I try to respond with feedback when I can on other people's stuff.

My last few posts in the review section have been ignored, or at least barely touched. I try to respond with feedback when I can on other people's stuff.

that's why I saying be proactive get very involved in the review section make it your second home

more involved you are the more ppl will actually notice you and engage with you and review your tracks with genuine advice/feedback

I teach producers all the time on how to engage with other online and offline and the data I been gathering shows that it works on a small or large scale

Your problem isn't your music. Your problem is your attitude.

People don't know you. So why do you expect people to tell you what is wrong with your music? If you seriously want feedback, you have to give other people genuine feedback. You have to interact with the community on various blogs and websites.

People will help you when they know who you are. You cannot continue to be a stranger sitting still waiting for advice and critiques. When is the last time you listened to someone's music and followed them? When is the last time you gave feedback and knowledge to someone else? What are you doing to make friends and show consideration for others?

Please, do not continue to be selfish. You need to start helping out other people first. Just do it for a month everyday. You will see a dramatic difference!

Back