Promoting my techno music blog

mikemikeass

Would anyone give me some advises how to increase the number of audience for my music blog? My blog focus on chillout, deep tech and house music ( my mix and other good tracks by the others). Sometimes I would also include some of my travel experience. I started for several weeks but I found out there are not much visitors.

several weeks that's not long...keep at it study success blogs and add their techniques to your arsenal... spread the word any way you can...go to Youtube you'll find some tips there or you can pay me for the information ....
it's going to take hard work no matter what

and once you get ppl visiting your blog you're going to want to monetize it

you have to featured your blog on all the social networks you can reach, create a facebook fan page, a twitter account, etc and try to read basic guide of SEO

Start thinking like the people you want to visit your blog. What would make these people come here? There's tons of blogs for people to visit. You have to come up with a unique angle to get people to come to your site.

Hey mikemikeass,

Good start and great on you for setting up your own website. Don't be discouraged about the traffic. Blogs take a helluva long time to get visitors because there are so many out there. I would follow the advice of DJ_Cool and get social as well as HelpYourMusic - you have to write stuff that other people want to check out. I've been working hard on my music blog for the last 2 years and it's been a grind. At the end of the day, you gotta love it and keep on going. Spread the word and connect with artists to help spread your name.

here's a way to increase traffic. change the name. if you told me you have a techno blog I would bypass you because I don't even make techno. you say you deal with other genres right? well make it known.

2. you named your blog mike mike ass? doesn't really roll off the tongue man. I'd change it.

You need more "authority" on your blog from an SEO standpoint so you should make sure to link-back all of your social accounts to it. Also make sure that if you are posting things on your blog to request a link-back to the article from the owner of the material. It helps them out as well to show that there's some buzz about them. It also doesn't hurt to plug your blog on your FB account and throw money at it. I threw $5 testing that out to promote a benefit show for a friend on one of my music pages and that got it about 200 views.

I've just bookmarked your blog because some friends and I are starting a techno, tech-house, tech-trance, tech-funk (tech anything) label in Q2 of this year (APR/MAY/JUN). We will be looking for demos soon, and I'm already compiling a list of DJ's from around the world for promotional pre-release, stickers, and line-cards etc. I've already found a platform for distribution and publishing services as well as accounting.

Wordpress "Yoast" plugin helps too. Don't forget more human marketing techniques like stickers, word-of-mouth, personal artist interviews (don't know of an up and coming artist that wouldn't say "yes" to a phone interview), and you can get into most shows as press by calling the promoter directly and asking.

Back