Project Manager? Whats their role...

G

As the title says..Would any of you know the depth of the responsibilities of this position as it relates to the music realm?

I would imagine that all they do is harass people to get stuff done, get the artist in the studio, find somebody to do album art, get it mixed and mastered quickly, send off the music to get cd's made, etc. Just a guess though.

This is true from what i know. So would they also book the sessions with the engineer if that engineer was apart of their organization?

I would assume that they would do that as well. It seems like arranging schedules and booking sessions would be their responsibility.

So basically the Engineer looks at a master schedule and comes in to record whoever. The PM books, arranges meetings and sets major deadlines as well as smaller tentative deadlines to make sure that things run smoothly. Would you say this correct?

Sounds good to me. You do realize I'm just guessing as well, right? If I was to hire a project manager, I would expect them to complete those responsibilities.

haha, yea I know. I mean I do know a brief bit about it, just wanted other peoples input. I was in a brief situation where the PM did little to nothing and def. didnt do any of the things listed above and hence the project failed.....

Back