• production company

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • publishing company

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

[F_or_DEAF]

which would you rather sign to and why?

which are you currently signed to?

which have you worked w/ or for in the past?

if this was in the rap/RnB section you'll probably have more posts by now..but ppl on here are scared away from the business/marketing section
sad.sad..sad.
I rather run both a production and music publishing company
my company is a media/ent company that going to expand into all areas of entertainment as long as it doesn't go against the WORD of God
book publishing,marketing/advertisement for media/ent companies and indie labels,artists etc..
even try to represent independent art "artists" painting,graffiti,graphics,photographers all centered around the Christian market

if this was in the rap/RnB section you'll probably have more posts by now..but ppl on here are scared away from the business/marketing section

yeah...cats just want the hype...never the type...

and that's the thing about the business of Hip-Hop on an indie / underground level...a lot of these cats think they can get all kinds of money w/ out having any REAL knowledge of the music industry...

yeah...cats just want the hype...never the type...

and that's the thing about the business of Hip-Hop on an indie / underground level...a lot of these cats think they can get all kinds of money w/ out having any REAL knowledge of the music industry...
I been trying to bring up the level of hungry for knowledge in the business/marketing section here as well provide tons of info that I find now some of it ppl need to research and there come the lack of interest ...ppl either don't know how to research or lazy
some of my time with clients is just simply adjusting their thoughts and actions that should be centered around music business and having a music/ent centered career
even though I get alot of grief around here for living a Christ-like lifestyle(which means I have to talke about Christ because I'm on fire for him can't keep it inside sorry forumn won't and can't)
I clients and the forum to get a good 9 to 5
stack money then you'll have a budget
I worked since I was 13
only had three jobs in my life been at one job for 12 yrs
now I work for faith based Medical Company one the biggest groups hospital/clinics in the state
great health plan and general benefits

I would love to do busines coaching/consulting full time but where your medical benefits none unless you use cobra (no thankyou)

so when you decide to move into the media/ent industry fulltime
make sure you plan have many different streams of revenue don't limit yourself to rapper,producer build yourself into a brand and company owner
which is why I rather do both things you aksed about

Walkinonwater.gif

THE WALKING ON WATER MEDIA/ENT/BUSINESS COACH Antonio
LETS BUILD A RELATIONSHIP TO BUILD YOUR SUCCESS

holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com
SERVICES

marketing salesmanship
professionalism sure fire networking
faith and entertainment leadership
time management/organization niche market research
Q & A Music Business/Law Consultation Recording/Production Studio design/organization(includes equipment suggestions for your budget)
artist bio/press kit writing freelance blog posts
business startups development budget development
studio security contact resources

"they speak on malcolm and martin, christians lets speak on luther and calvin"
"My Lord is not black or white he's GLORIOUS"

Last edited:
you cant really compare them because they do different things. You can sign to a publishing company and a production company

you cant really compare them because they do different things. You can sign to a publishing company and a production company

right that's why I said I'll do both
don't forget to vote
I voted for both
good to see more ppl stop by

or you can start your own production company.. LLC it up.. turn it into a publishing company.. and sign producers and take a portion of their publishing.

just a thought, you'd need a lot of people willing to work with you on it, as far as maintaing the publishing side of things and the paperwork.

ppl either don't know how to research or lazy

lazy...THE MAJORITY of these cats ain't for real...they just like the IMAGE...no substance...they forget that "RAPPER" is SHORT for PROFESSIONAL rapper

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

you'd need a lot of people willing to work with you on it, as far as maintaing the publishing side of things and the paperwork.

are you saying that a publishing company is more difficult to manage than a production company?

IMHO its best to establish both if you're a producer looking to build a long lasting brand, starting the production company for music production and then signing yourself to your publishing company as a songwriter. It also gives you room to grow so that if you expand to add more producers, songwriters, artists, etc... You have the business structures in place to accommodate them.

Back