Producers having managers?

Kid Highlife

Chiefin always
Ok so I have seen quite alot of producers getting managers that send out their tracks to get checked out by more serious artist's. and helping them get majr placements.. i was just wondering how you even go about getting that?

you have to build a brand locally and have a online presence once you built up a decent amount of buzz and solid discography

you'll either be approached by a semi-pro or Pro Manager to work for you

you also have to be bringing in a decent amount of money because I manager going to want to be paid well and take 10% to 15% of your gross profits

right now it's important that you learn everything you can about split sheets,taxes,general business practices and etiquette

if you need help contact me here

its all about networking. If you have hot material and you come across someone who really digs your material then you have the makings of a potential producer/manager relationship. Notice how broad and easy I made that sound. The reason is because literally anybody can claim to want to manage you and help you get your material to people.

In my experience, its best to have a goal and know exactly what you want and then try to find people that can help you reach your goal. But it goes back to the number one thing which is networking. But the key is knowing how to network and knowing who/what's real and who/what isn't. But good luck on your search.

D

yes a person can work with a semi-pro manager which can be good for both of them the producer and the semi-pro manager
the producer/artist get direction for their vision some more visibility
and the semi-pro manger gets more experience and more contacts for future clients

Ok so I have seen quite alot of producers getting managers that send out their tracks to get checked out by more serious artist's. and helping them get majr placements.. i was just wondering how you even go about getting that?

There are tons of ways to go about getting placements, and they mostly resolve around creating songs which can be placed. Once a song has definite connections with people, the song's creator will be sought out. Think of a manager the same as you would a store manger and you'll get the idea of what manager does.

Without the retail store, there's no need for a manager.

The way to gaining management by building a business for yourself. Apparently, a lot of people see the structure of music business like, "If I had this I would have that..." Thinking about what you don't have will only lead to more of not having what you want.

Here's the truth.

The kinds of managers that have actual music connections are looking to work with artist who can demonstrate professionalism on a level that most people don't reach. Your chances of getting placements are better once you can put yourself in the right places at the right times. Also, you need to be able to conduct business in the first place; and by this, I mean you need to be able to process more payment types, other than cash, when it comes to contract terms and agreements.

I recommend that you establish a connection with people directly, become know for having some of the best parties, and focus on keeping artist entertained. Instead of trying to create tracks from scratch in front the artist, come to sessions prepared with instrumentals that an be customized to their taste. Charge by the hour so that time isn't wasted, because if they could do it themselves they wouldn't need a producer. Network with people who are into video, photography, fashion, and all things needed for displaying personal image.

Create music that people can use for what they're into and you'll have no problem getting placements. And, if you're doing this already, you should start marketing yourself online using social media and a personal website. Get an online response to your music, then take the songs that get the best responses to businesses that advertise using the style of music you make.

Last edited:
Back