Producer trying to get into Beatstars and MyFlashStore business

varun213

Ive been making beats for a while and I've been that type to chase somewhat known rappers and try to get placements. Well that has left me broke and I have a pretty good sound I feel. I want to monetize my skill that i have been crafting for so long but I'm confused a bit on how to exactly Market your brand/Beats using BeatStars for example without spamming constantly on social media? How do you reach your potential clients? I hear doing the TYPE BEATS or posting free beats will you get you traffic but I have a more original sound and dont want to go that route trying to mimic every popular rap sound that comes around. What would you do?

My second question is I listen to the Top sellers on these beat websites and why is it that there beats sound very Over the top with the drum programming or just too much going on? Most of the beats from the top sellers I have barely would ever hear on your usual rap albums popular or not. I am not the type who likes to over produce my beats at all so I'm wondering about that and why they do it lol.
Appreciate any help.

Last edited:
at the end of the day you want to rank first page on YT over a keyword with big volume so what rappers/singers search for is what you give them. Its Type Beats atm & I think it makes sense from a artist perspective. Desiinger did Panda of a Ace Hood Type Beat and now its Desiigner Type beats so it works for producers & artists. And if your sound aint original its a complete different topic guys. If I name a beat *2Pac Type Beat* it wont change the sound in it #toocloseminded and guys like Taz or Beatplug dont sit there and try to remake a Drake Beat or some like that - It is just the description of the title guys - KEYWORDS

You need fans so there are 1000 ways to get them & non of em is fast so content isnt king anymore wich means u should take care of your business if you want to make money - Pay for advertising create a own shop - rank google 1st. page & u set

yea thats true, My main question lies in why do the higher selling producers have Over produced beats that You would never really hear on a typical rap album?

Even LiveOffBeats said it in a recent interview when you're a online producer you're beats are being sold to rappers who really dont have the skillset to make good music or go anywhere with it.

Would you rather invest your production in a rapper who you think can go somewhere and can potentially produce a new sound? Or would you rather be a online beatmaker who just sells to rappers blindly and not knowing/caring how the final product will sound?

I dont know much on the online beatmaker world since I'm much more inclined on investing in a rapper I know personally.

Forget the cesspool that is marketing beats online to rappers who only want to flex on social media and spend money on IG thots and drugs and focus offline on the rapper you know.

Forget the cesspool that is marketing beats online to rappers who only want to flex on social media and spend money on IG thots and drugs and focus offline on the rapper you know.

That's how it is now a lot of them just want to flex lol. many expect free beats too.
I hear you though,

Thanks

It's really all about traffic. I'm surprised how smart some of the people on this forum are.

I would say online beat sales has a great future, just about anything done solely online does.

I think its smart to do both, sell your beats like crazy but be networking in person equally as hard.

11349327_170449903294517_103542912_a.jpg

I told yall what to do....lol

Stop trying to Market to these silly @$$ artist, invest in yourself and start making beats for TV and film.

Just go to the link and stop making excuses. Your all welcome

http://tinyurl.com/znw8o5p

Last edited:
In negotiations with Pepsi for superbowl commercial using his techniques so i would say its valuable. If anything the contact list is Golden.

have you invested the $197 for his tutorials? Is it really worth it?
The link is an affiliate link... they're just looking for their commission.

The information you're looking for is probably already available online for free.

Last edited:
id have no clue what to search for when looking for that information honestly. What would I look for? Company names that are looking for music producers to submit their work to em? not sure lol

It depends what you're looking for haha. If you're looking for advice on selling beats online, we have some articles here: How to Sell Beats Online & Sell More Beats ... the images may be gone but the text content is pretty much still relevant today.

I believe myflashstore also have a course on their site.

Last edited:
The link is an affiliate link... they're just looking for their commission.

The information you're looking for is probably already available online for free.

WTF!! yes of course its an affiliate link. You know what else has affiliate links? FutureProducers.com lol and just about any site you go to google, amazon, yahoo, facebook, instagram, twitter, walmart, etc. This kills me when people think they know but have no idea. Someone is presenting information that most normally don't know about or have access to. Of course your gonna have to pay for it you payed for your education didnt you? lol guess what the school systems are filled with affiliate marketing too LMAO.

Look bottom line is information is being presented either roll with the opportunity or leave it.

Last edited:
Back