Producer Royalties From iTunes

refreshdj

who exactly collects the royalties off itune sales ? say for example i produce a track for a recording artist and people are buying the song off the itunes store for 99cents. 1. how do i know how many people are buying & who collects the royalties for the producer ? Harry Fox ?

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

mechanical royalties is what they call them... so in the contract it should state that the producer gets a percentage of mechanical sales/ royalties right??....... how does the producer actually get the royalties off itunes sales/ digital sales / on the song the producer produced ? who monitors how much is coming in, & how will the producer be informed of this info

moved to Legal forum. I dont know but would expect that whoever sends the tracks to itunes is the person who receives the payments for sales. Any split between writer and producer etc would then be sorted out (ie: itunes wouldnt get involved and only pay one party)

Sell on iTunes | Get on iTunes | Sell Music Online | CD Baby
have a legal agreements made before ever selling one song.. or album...know who get what
like so
producer get 10%
rapper 40%
finiancal backer 50%

if you need more help contact me here
my info

The Walking on Water Coach Antonio aka fataltone

check out my thread here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-links-resources-indie-artists-labels-364398/
and my other threads in this section
I do PR and business coaching,general consulting as well providing organizational coaching(which will give you more time in your work day and personal life)
if you want to take your career to new heights as a media professional please contact me
this is what I do

I provide services that get indie labels, artists and producers and all media professionals more publicity and profits

my process works as so
1.create a relationship with you(business owner)
2.help you birth a vision, or refine your vision(brainstorming sessions)
3.help you lay out a plan(online/street team plan,business plan,marketing plan,public relation plan,organization plan) and general and detailed plans for music professionals
4.help you stay motivated and on a timeline
5.show you how to enjoy your success and build upon it

also providing coaching/consulting on
marketing
salesmanship
professionalism
sure fire networking
faith and entertainment
leadership
time management/organization
Q & A Music Business/Law Consultation
Recording/Producer Studio design/organization(includes equipment suggestions for your budget)
reminder results are determined by your actions

HolyLamb Media & Entertainment Coaching and Consulting
Let's build a relationship to build your success

Affordable Services with Quality results
contact me here on package and one on one pricing
or at
holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com

P.S. I do one freebie general Q & A consultation
so you can test my abilities to improve your success and knowledge

Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

Prov. 13:11
YOU GOT DEAD PRESIDENTS, BUT I GOT A LIVING GOD

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

moved to Legal forum. I dont know but would expect that whoever sends the tracks to itunes is the person who receives the payments for sales. Any split between writer and producer etc would then be sorted out (ie: itunes wouldnt get involved and only pay one party)

man where you been haven't saw a post by you in a billion years lol...

no problem and check out my threads and other posts here in this section and the recording,mxing,and mastering section

who exactly collects the royalties off itune sales ? say for example i produce a track for a recording artist and people are buying the song off the itunes store for 99cents. 1. how do i know how many people are buying & who collects the royalties for the producer ? Harry Fox ?

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

mechanical royalties is what they call them... so in the contract it should state that the producer gets a percentage of mechanical sales/ royalties right??....... how does the producer actually get the royalties off itunes sales/ digital sales / on the song the producer produced ? who monitors how much is coming in, & how will the producer be informed of this info

Whoever is being paid by itunes is the one who accounts to you for your paynemt... the person who put the songs up there is the one who tracks them.

Harry Fox has nothing to do with this. They deal with "cover" songs.

Mechanical royalties are not paid on "sales"... they are paid on "units manufactured" (or in the case of digital sales, "estimated presold units")

The statutory mechanical rate is a maximum amount you get paid (designed to keep people from demanding too much money for their music)... you can get paid anywhere from $0 to the maximum statutory rate (like 0.09¢ per song or something like that... it changes frequently)...

If you are in a collaborative or profit sharing situation, you would really just split the money coming in from itunes... nobody would pre-pay you for anything... it is up to the parties involved to decide who gets paid how much.

R

Back