Pricing Your Beats...

Q

QueenOfBeats

The way you price your beats is very important. Pricing your beats too high or too low can hurt your sales. I recommend pricing your beats between $20-25 for leases. For exclusives no less than $100 or $99.95. Make sure you price your beats like this $19.95 or $24.95. Artist are more likely to purchase your beats if they are priced this way instead of this way $20 or $25. Check out my blog for more tips. Link is in my sig...

Great info! There's something subliminal about products sold at $19.95 that screams, this is the real deal!

The way you price your beats is very important. Pricing your beats too high or too low can hurt your sales. I recommend pricing your beats between $20-25 for leases. For exclusives no less than $100 or $99.95. Make sure you price your beats like this $19.95 or $24.95. Artist are more likely to purchase your beats if they are priced this way instead of this way $20 or $25. Check out my blog for more tips. Link is in my sig...

Pricing your beats high won't kill your sells at all it just depends on what you package with it.

This pricing method is old the asians have been doing it in retail for years with the 14.99..5.99 etc

What you want to do for more sells is have a sliding scale on your prices/package beats... this is where you are going to see the most $

You guys are killing the game with these 20 and 50 dollar beat prices not to mention the $1 and $5 leases. This is still a business. $100 exclusive prices? Really? Look we want to keep prices somewhere around where the average person can buy but these dollar store beats have got to stop. You bring down the value of everyone making beats.

I sell leases for $19.99 and exclusives no less than $500 unless they're on sale and even then they're over $400 (exclusive). But good tips.

hunkE's Tips

I'm currently selling N.E. leases for $19.95 USD, and exclusives from $99 - $149. Here's a few strategies that I have used.

1) Don't advertise your prices. I cite them when asked in a private msg/email, but I don't post them up anywhere. Why? First, you can discriminate, and charge different people different prices depending on your feel for the situation. I'd sell a non-exclusive for $0.25 if I could (why not?) but advertising your beats as $0.25 beats will do nothing good for your brand. That is key, managing your brand.

Maybe you're at a point where you don't think people will pay more than $5 for your beats. It's far, far better not to list your prices, and to simply state something like "For affordable leasing rates, contact me via email/msg" than "$5 LEASES!!!" which will make you look cheap, and if you ever want to be considered as more than a $5 producer you're damaging your brand.

2) DISCRIMINATE. As mentioned before, why charge everyone the same price? If you feel that an artist is very frugal or uncertain about your product, lower your prices a bit. If you feel that you have leverage, increase your prices. Point (1) is vital is making this happen.

3) Start Low. If you don't have experience selling your beats, it is extremely difficult to gauge their value without bias. Having informed friends is definitely a big helper, but IMO it's easier and less discouraging to start low and work your way up.

4) BE FLEXIBLE. Negotiate. If your selling non-exclusives, your supply is unlimited. If you have a chance to sell more than beat, give discounts. Offer the beats track by track if requested, and in any format.

5) ADD VALUE. If you are good at mixing/mastering, offer your services, free, for anything he/she does with the track. Even if they decline your offering will have more value and you can justify your prices.

$24.99 lease. $250-$1000 Exclusive. Don't sell yourself short unless you need the money. Eventually someone will buy your joints if you have heat.

I'm currently selling N.E. leases for $19.95 USD, and exclusives from $99 - $149. Here's a few strategies that I have used.

1) Don't advertise your prices. I cite them when asked in a private msg/email, but I don't post them up anywhere. Why? First, you can discriminate, and charge different people different prices depending on your feel for the situation. I'd sell a non-exclusive for $0.25 if I could (why not?) but advertising your beats as $0.25 beats will do nothing good for your brand. That is key, managing your brand.

Maybe you're at a point where you don't think people will pay more than $5 for your beats. It's far, far better not to list your prices, and to simply state something like "For affordable leasing rates, contact me via email/msg" than "$5 LEASES!!!" which will make you look cheap, and if you ever want to be considered as more than a $5 producer you're damaging your brand.

2) DISCRIMINATE. As mentioned before, why charge everyone the same price? If you feel that an artist is very frugal or uncertain about your product, lower your prices a bit. If you feel that you have leverage, increase your prices. Point (1) is vital is making this happen.

3) Start Low. If you don't have experience selling your beats, it is extremely difficult to gauge their value without bias. Having informed friends is definitely a big helper, but IMO it's easier and less discouraging to start low and work your way up.

4) BE FLEXIBLE. Negotiate. If your selling non-exclusives, your supply is unlimited. If you have a chance to sell more than beat, give discounts. Offer the beats track by track if requested, and in any format.

5) ADD VALUE. If you are good at mixing/mastering, offer your services, free, for anything he/she does with the track. Even if they decline your offering will have more value and you can justify your prices.

Good post!

Last edited:
Back