Posting beats on Youtube with visualizers vs without

triplea3xa

What do yall think is better posting beats on Youtube with visualizers or without it. I was thinking without it as it will save me a boatloads of time but was wondering if it made a huge difference to have visualizers

Bruh you've been on my a** lately lol. I just wanted to know insights from others before testing it

I just answer questions honestly. Most questions you ask are highly subjective. Neither is better.

Last edited:
Well if you look at the videos of beats with the most views, most of them do NOT have visualizers (if you mean moving particles, audio spectrums, etc.). They all just have photos that they take from google and put their name/logo over.

Well if you look at the videos of beats with the most views, most of them do NOT have visualizers (if you mean moving particles, audio spectrums, etc.). They all just have photos that they take from google and put their name/logo over.

The audio spectrum's/particles was what I was talking about. I've noticed these got almost an equal amount to the static pictures. Have you had any experience between the two?

google and the youtube algorithms can't watch video yet.

It's more about your keywords, user retention/viewing time, links to your video from other people, viewer engagement, etc.

So essentially, if you're not somehow attracting viewers too and keeping them on your video to watch/listen to it.....what's in the video or isn't in the video doesn't matter

google and the youtube algorithms can't watch video yet.

It's more about your keywords, user retention/viewing time, links to your video from other people, viewer engagement, etc.

So essentially, if you're not somehow attracting viewers too and keeping them on your video to watch/listen to it.....what's in the video or isn't in the video doesn't matter

Lmao easy there buddy :bigeyes:. I already know that content is king and keywords/seo, external links are important. I figured that visualizers/particles would just be a extra step in audience retention to get them viewing for longer periods of time. Maybe it's just me sweating the small details again lol

Last edited:
Lmao easy there buddy :bigeyes:. I already know that content is king and keywords/seo, external links are important. I figured that visualizers/particles would just be a extra step in audience retention to get them viewing for longer periods of time. Maybe it's just me sweating the small details again lol

I guess what I was getting at is that if your beat is wack and no one wants to stay to listen, then youtube can tell that and they rank it lower in searches and related videos etc.

I haven't listened to your music yet, so I'm not talking about your music; I was just saying. If the beat is super bumpin these rappers wont care whats on screen I don't think.

I personally like the visualizer things, but you're right it's a lot of time for questionable added benefit.

But if you want to go for a certain look thats important for your brand, then maybe you wanna take the tme idk.

You're right. It's easy to get wrapped up in the small details. I say just take action and have some way to track your results so you can evaluate the performance of your campaigns somehow. It gets crazy complicated but you don't have to be just something simple enough to keep track.

Last edited:
I personally like the visualizer things, but you're right it's a lot of time for questionable added benefit.

But if you want to go for a certain look thats important for your brand, then maybe you wanna take the time idk.

You're right. It's easy to get wrapped up in the small details. I say just take action and have some way to track your results so you can evaluate the performance of your campaigns somehow. It gets crazy complicated but you don't have to be just something simple enough to keep track.

Thanks, I'm starting a channel just for beats in about two weeks once I get things sorted out and wanted insight before going in blind since I don't have a following. I guess testing it on my own seems the only way to track progress.

The audio spectrum's/particles was what I was talking about. I've noticed these got almost an equal amount to the static pictures. Have you had any experience between the two?

Yes, I've used both visualizers and still images from different accounts. I much prefer static pictures but I'll give you my opinion on both, based off my experience.

VISUALIZERS
Pros: 1. Might help viewer stay on your video for longer
2. Could make viewers think that your beats are more "high quality" (if your visualizer is done in a nice format)

Cons: 1. Takes alot of work to upload, which made me more unlikely to want to upload beats

STILL IMAGES
Pros: 1. Low effort
2. Much less time to render and upload
3. Doesn't require higher end software

Cons: 1. Might lower viewer length
2. Could be stuck in the crowd (unless you put a logo or other branding over it)

One thing I just thought of is a compelling picture might have a better chance of catching the attention of an artist and getting them to click vs a generic sound wave or whatever.

Think about who would buy your beats? What do they like? What do they want to hear in a beat? What solves their problem?

Now think about what kind of images can communicate that and try to pick stuff out like that in order to get them to click.

Your title and the thumbnail are important factors in getting someone to click. <<< Based off my past experience and not any research but I think we could all mostly agree right?

One thing I just thought of is a compelling picture might have a better chance of catching the attention of an artist and getting them to click vs a generic sound wave or whatever.

That's pretty much what is expected but I meant with a catchy picture + sound wave

TrapMotivation;49937351Your title and the thumbnail are important factors in getting someone to click. <<< Based off my past experience and not any research but I think we could all mostly agree right?[/QUOTE said:
That is 100% true but I am talking more about increasing retention rate after the basic, good quality product aka music, picture, keywords etc. I like the guy who broke the pros and cons of it comment because it explains it in detail branding wise. Would be nice if someone posted with stats on their results :berzerk:

That's pretty much what is expected but I meant with a catchy picture + sound wave

That is 100% true but I am talking more about increasing retention rate after the basic, good quality product aka music, picture, keywords etc. I like the guy who broke the pros and cons of it comment because it explains it in detail branding wise. Would be nice if someone posted with stats on their results :berzerk:

Hit up a guy named Greg Savage on G+ that guys is all about analytics and is pretty smart when it comes to improving retention rates.

Back